A hypereutectic alloy is metallic alloy with a composition beyond the eutectic point. A typical alloy may have a substrate and a primary alloying element. The “eutectic point” refers to the maximum mass fraction of the primary alloying element at which the primary alloying element is totally soluble in the substrate at operating temperature.
In a hypereutectic alloy, a percentage of the primary alloying element is soluble in the
substrate, which is called “eutectic element,” and the rest is not soluble, which is called “primary element.”
The substrate in aluminum-silicon (Al-Si) alloy is aluminum, whereas the primary alloying element is silicon. All silicon in the alloy can be totally soluble in aluminum only if the mass fraction of silicon is smaller than or equal to nearly 12%. Thus, the Al-Si alloy’s eutectic point is 12 wt % and hypereutectic Al-Si alloy has more than 12 wt % silicon present within it. The mass fractions of silicon in a hypereutectic Al-Si alloy typically ranges from 13 wt % to 26 wt %. For a hypereutectic Al-Si alloy with 16 wt % of silicon, only 12% is soluble, which is eutectic silicon, and the other 4 wt % of silicon is not soluble; this is called “primary silicon.”
- Buy Research Report: Medical Mask Market to Witness Prolific Growth of 9%, COVID-19 to Boost Uptake of Medical Masks
- Buy Research Report: Sales of Blood Collection Tubes for Liquid Biopsy to Soar at 6% CAGR Through 2029; Opportunities Abound in Genetic Diagnostics
- Buy Research Report: Pepsin Market Resurgent, with Pharmaceuticals and Food Industry Sustaining Growth
- Buy Research Report: Organic Bedding Market to Gain Steady Profits, with Increased Demand for Bed Linen and Mattresses
- Buy Research Report: Anti-Fatigue Cosmetics Market to Display Steady Growth, with Increased Spending on Premium topical Creams and Gels
This report provides information on the technological advances and market opportunities for hypereutectic alloy. Factors boosting demand along with the global market and countries or
regions that provide important or fast-growing opportunities are discussed.
Examination of the emerging market for hypereutectic alloy on the basis of material type, technology, application, and region. Analyses of market trends, with data from 2018, estimates of 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024. A look at the key opportunities and challenges for hypereutectic alloy manufacturers and users.