- India Bottled Water Market is set to grow at 15 % CAGR.
- An installed purifier in homes restrains India’s bottled water market.
- There are 5,735 licensed bottlers for packaged drinking water across India.
Increase in per capita spending, rapid urbanization growing, awareness regarding the benefits of bottled water and hygiene coupled with the increasing preference for an active lifestyle is driving India’s bottled water market. Bottled water market varies with the seasons, and flourishes in summer.
The India bottled water market is segmented by product and by packaging. Based on product, India bottled water is segmented by still bottled water, carbonated bottled water, flavored bottled water, and functional bottled water. In terms of packaging, India bottled water market is divided into PET and glass.
Disposable incomes are rising as much as the awareness about clean drinking water, the packaged water industry is growing at about 15 % every year. An installed purifier in homes restrains India’s bottled water market.
People spend a large part of their time outside homes and prefer to purchase 20-liter bulk packages of water for home use rather than installing water purifiers. People don’t carry water as it is available everywhere, even in the smallest of shops. There are 5,735 licensed bottlers for packaged drinking water across India, along with uncountable unbranded ones. The government is unable to provide clean water, giving rise to so many bottlers to fill the need for potable water. Owing to all these factors still water bottle accounts for about 90% of the market share for drinking water.
- Buy Research Report: Combine Harvesters Market to Ride Wave of Profitability on Back of its Versatile Operations
- Buy Research Report: Soil Compaction Machines to Witness Heightened Demand, Underpinned by Array of Infrastructural Initiatives by Government
- Buy Research Report: Luxury Eyewear Sales to Surpass US$ 50 Bn Mark by 2027; Eyeglasses Hold over 60% Market Share
- Buy Research Report: Sales of Fruit Snacks to Soar, as Profound Nutritional Understanding Heightens Consumer Spending, Finds Fact.MR
- Buy Research Report: Covid-19 Impact on Data Protection As-A-Service Market To Develop With Upgradation In Product Range
PET packaging constitute 98 % of the India bottled water market. PET packaging offers up to 90% weight reduction compared to glass, so more economical transport costs are achieved. Better mechanical qualities, high transparency, exceptionally shiny surface, very good stability, high-pressure resistance, and good barrier properties make PET ideal for water packaging purpose.
Bisleri, the largest selling packaged water brand in India, has 120 bottling plants. Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali Ayurved is set to launch its bottled drinking water, Divya Jal. Other major players are Pepsi’s Aquafina, Coca-Cola’s Kinley, Himalayan and Kingfisher. Bisleri, Coca-Cola India, PepsiCo India, Dharibal Group, Narang Beverages, Aquasure, Himalayan and Kingfisher.
India Bottled Water Market Product Types are Still Bottle Water, Carbonated Bottle Water, Flavored Bottle Water and Functional Bottle Water. India Bottled Water Market Packaging Types: PET and Glass. Key Players analyzed in report: Bisleri, Pepsi’s Aquafina, Coca-Cola’s Kinley, Himalayan, Kingfishe, Bisleri, Coca-Cola India, PepsiCo India, Dharibal Group, Narang Beverages, Aquasure, Himalayan and Kingfisher.