- Rising consumers’ awareness supported by increasing health consciousness is supporting the growth of this market.
- The large number of alternative snacking products may hamper the growth of this market.
- Key players operating in Food Bar Market are mainly focused on acquisition and mergers to expand their business and penetrate the global market.
Food Bars are considered as a healthy alternative to other snacking product since they contain high protein and fiber content. They include number of products such as candy bars, protein bars, energy bars, oats bars, and others. Among the different food bars, the energy bars are loaded with carbs and sugar and are mainly used for quick boost during long distance training sessions of an athlete. Whereas, protein bars are high in protein content and are best used as meal a replacement. Innovations in the food bars are bringing claims of reduced allergies and gluten-free products, which is driving the growth of food bars market.
Food bars are available in various flavors such as chocolate, fruits, berries, nuts, peanut butter and others and hence are popular among consumers. Moreover, trend of consuming food bars as a snack is gaining popularity among consumers which will further support its market growth. However, availability of large number of snacking products may bring threat of substitution, which may hamper growth of food bar market.
High nutritive values of Food bar are driving the market growth for Food bar market. Food bars are emerged as a healthy, nutrient rich and on the go food in recent times and considered as heathy alternative to other snacking products. Moreover, food bars are rich in protein, sugar and carbohydrates and provides convenient form of instant energy. Moreover, food bars are coming in variety of products such as energy bars, protein bars, oats bars, nut bars, dark chocolate bars and many more. Energy bars are high in glucose, hence provide instant energy source during intense training / workout sessions.
Protein rich or high protein food bars popular among consumers and widely used to fulfill protein requirements. Consumers are now becoming aware of health benefits of Food bar, driving the growth of the market. Rising consumers’ awareness supported by increasing health consciousness is supporting the growth of this market.
Latest Industry Updates:
- September 2018: Mars Wrigley confectionery announces mars and snickers bars will be getting less sugar and more protein content in 2019
- May-2018: Bright Foods launched bright bars, a chilled whole food bars available in Southern California
- Feb-2018: PepsiCo launched a new snack bar range in three varieties
- Oct-2017: PepsiCo launched a new snack bar range in three varieties
Key players operating in Food Bar Market are mainly focused on acquisition and mergers to expand their business and penetrate the global market. Expansion and R & D investments are among the major strategies followed by the players. Moreover, key players are focusing on new and innovative product launches with high nutritional content to achieve maximum market share.
Some of the leading players in the Global Food Bar Market are Clif Bar & Company. (U.S.), Kellogg Co. (U.S.), Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. (U.S.), General Mills Inc. (U.S.), Nestle (Switzerland), Quaker Oats Company (U.S.), CAVEMAN FOODS (U.S.) Mars Inc (US). among many others.
Food Bar Market has been divided into application, and region.
- Based on Type: Candy Bars, Energy Bars, Protein Bars, Oats Bars and others
- Based on Flavor: Chocolates, Peanut Butter, Fruits, Savoury, Spices and others
- Based on Distribution Channel: Store Based and Non-Store Based
- Based on Region: Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and ROW.