- IRS Publication 17, Your Federal Income Tax is now available in Spanish, Chinese (Simplified); Chinese (Traditional); Vietnamese; Korean; and Russian.
- The agency is also inserting information about translation services and other multilingual options into the top notices sent to taxpayers.
- Online Tools in Other Languages at www.irs.gov/help.
The Internal Revenue Service said that it plans to continue its efforts to expand ways to communicate to taxpayers who prefer to get information in other languages. For the first time ever, the agency has posted to IRS.gov a Spanish language version of Form 1040 and the related instructions.
“Being able to talk to and receive information from the nation’s tax agency in their preferred language is something we hope to eventually provide to all taxpayers,” said IRS Commissioner Chuck Rettig. “We want everyone to be on the same playing field, so to speak, and each day that we can move forward with that goal is a good one.”
The new Form 1040 Schedule LEP, in English and Spanish, with instructions available in English and 20 other languages, can be filed with a tax return by those taxpayers who prefer to communicate with the IRS in another language. They can indicate their language of preference for IRS-issued written communications or change their language of preference. While communications may not be immediately sent in the selected language, the IRS will use this information to allocate resources and develop communication alternatives based on the reported language preferences.
“When it comes to filing taxes, being able to ask questions and read forms and instructions is crucial,” said Ken Corbin, IRS Taxpayer Experience Officer. “We take that very seriously and continue to work toward ensuring all taxpayers have what they need without obstacles.”
Buy Research Report: Faceplates Market Size, Growth – Report 
Buy Research Report: Edible Insect Food Market Share, Trends | Industry Report 
Buy Research Report: Silica Aerogel Market Share, Growth – Global Industry Analysis 
Buy Research Report: Real Estate Crowdfunding Market With Emerging Key Players, Scope and Overview Forecast till 2028
Buy Research Report: Growing Demand for Streamlining of Hospital Billing Procedures to Expand the United States (U.S.) Medical Coding Market Growth
Many pages of IRS.gov are now available in seven other languages: Spanish, Vietnamese, Russian, Korean, Haitian Creole and Chinese − Simplified and Traditional. Here are some additional materials and services that are now available in multiple languages:
- Publication 1, Your Rights as a Taxpayer, and other basic tax information are now available in 20 languages on IRS.gov.
- Taxpayers who interact with an IRS representative have access to over the phone interpreter services in more than 350 languages.
- The Earned Income Tax Assistant tool is newly available in Spanish.
- The agency continues to incorporate multilingual information into its social media platforms, including Twitter and Instagram. IRS highlights key messages in six languages, including Spanish, Vietnamese, Russian, Korean, Haitian Creole and Chinese, using both Twitter Moments and Instagram Highlights.
- Introduced for tax year 2019, the Form 1040-SR, in English and Spanish, features larger print and a standard deduction chart making it easier to use for older Americans.
- Form W-4 enables taxpayers to correctly adjust their withholding during 2021. The English language version as well as the Spanish language version are available.
The agency is also inserting information about translation services and other multilingual options into the top notices sent to taxpayers. For more information, see the “We Speak Your Language” page on IRS.gov.