- Kayaks come in a variety of sizes and types, depending on their intended use, but most kayaks feature an enclosed deck which covers the legs.
- Most major kayak manufacturers now offer top-notch fishing kayak options, which is driving up sales in the category.
- Established players are competing with one another in terms of the brand, quality and cost.
Kayaking is a water sport which involves paddling using a double-bladed oar and a small boat known as a kayak. The boats come in a variety of sizes and types, depending on their intended use, but most kayaks feature an enclosed deck which covers the legs.
The boat sits low in the water and usually only accommodates the single paddler, but tandem kayaks hold two people and some boats hold three people.
With the water sport season drawing near, sales of the recreation kayaks were up by 21 percent, or over by $42 million, and by 18 percent in terms of unit sales in the 12 months ending in the month of February 2016, according to Trends Market Research. Looking at the top items that make up this increase, the vast majority of those items are fishing kayaks.
Compared to stand-up paddling, which has become the saturated multi-channel market, there is still uncharted territory within the kayak market, and many manufacturers have found an opportunity in fishing kayaks. Most major kayak manufacturers now offer top-notch fishing kayak options, which is driving up sales in the category. There is a group of anglers who have found fun, mobility & accessibility in kayak fishing. This sport is environmentally friendly and human-powered for outdoor enthusiasts craving a more natural experience.
- Data Entry Operator
- Logo Designing – Coveted Graphic Designs Only $7
- Buy Research Report: Adiponitrile Market to Cross US$ 12 Bn by 2029, Driven by Strong Demand for Polymer Nylon 6-6, Concludes Fact.MR
- Buy Research Report: Premium Cosmetics Sales to Grow at 7% CAGR Through 2029; Skincare Products Hold over 40% Market Share
- Buy Research Report: Sales of Home Entertainment Devices to Exhibit 6% CAGR Through 2029; Video Devices Hold over 80% Market Share,
Retailers & manufacturers which will have the most success in this space are those who focus less on selling, and more on engaging with consumers through the experience. As more Boomers – who tend to be outdoor enthusiasts and favor human-powered recreation – retire and free up their time, it is expected fishing kayak sales will continue to grow.
High demand for recreational kayaks will remain pervasive in the upcoming years. Recreational kayaks are expected to continue to be sought-after among various products available in the market, as these are suitable for paddlers with all abilities in view of the kayaks’ characteristics, such as the ease of paddling & comfort, stability and user-friendly design. Revenues from recreational kayak sales will remain slightly larger than those from the touring and racing product segments combined.
While new market entrants are focusing on product innovation, established players are competing with one another in terms of the brand, quality and cost. Key players supporting expansion of the kayak market, as identified by the Trends Market Research report, include Advanced Elements, Aqua Xtreme, BIC Sport, Nautiraid, Klepper Faltbootwerft and TRAK Kayaks.