- Russia to categorize soldiers based on their "genetic passport."
- Russia is violating the HUGO international code of conduct pertaining to genetic material privacy.
- Putin is fascinated with Nazi eugenics.
The Human Genome Organization (HUGO) and the European Union developed genetic information privacy regulations to protect the public. A majority of experts have agreed for the need for genetic information privacy. In 2014 the HUGO Committee on Ethics, Law and Society (CELS) presented a human rights approach to an international code of conduct for genomic and clinical data sharing. The code of conduct is supposed to prevent human rights violations during the research of genomes, allowing enough protection to allow scientific research in the genome field.
However, China and Russia do not have any protections. China is actually attempting to collect such information on all its citizens. China is not new to human rights violations. Russian lawyers have been raising concern, but thus far no laws have materialized, nor does Russia believe in the HUGO conduct policies. Russia relies on its constitution Section 21, but in reality it does not protect genetic information whatsoever. In the US, HIPPA (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) was modified to include genetic information as medical information pertaining to privacy.
Putin is fascinated with Hitler’s eugenics project. This summer it was announced that the Russian military will be assigning soldiers based on their “genetic passport.” The project involves not only the assessment of their physiological state, but also a prediction of their behavior in critical situations in combat.
Also Putin, issued a decree in March 2019 that consists of social engineering propaganda to collect its citizens genetic information under the guise of protecting Russians from a western chemical or biological attack. A proposal was raised this week to add additional amendments to make the project country wide and disregard privacy laws. This would further violate the human rights of Russian citizens and forcefully gather and store their genetic data.
The second phase will be implemented at the beginning of 2020 to start testing all potential cosmonauts and even intelligence officers. The Russian Academy of Sciences is in charge of the project, which is sounding more like a Nazi eugenics operation for the master race. The Russian Academy of Sciences consists of the national academy of Russia, a network of scientific research institutes from across the Russian Federation.
HUGO code of conduct main principles:
- The principal of information, consists of notifying and explaining to the parties of their genomes use in research. It has to be provided in the terminology understood by any individual and not just scientific terms that are unknown outside of the field. Additionally, information should be coded to secure personal data and to avoid a data breach.
- The principal of voluntary agreement, makes sure the subject provides voluntary consent to participation in the research and analysis of the information gathered during testing. The party cannot be pressured by the medical community or be under any type of duress. A consent could be partial to only certain studies and excluding others. An individual cannot be stimulated via compensation or any type of substantial favors.
- The Confidentiality principal prevents discrimination based on genetics. The US has passed a Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) protecting the public from health insurers or employers requesting or requiring genetic information of an individual or family members, and further prohibits the discriminatory use of such information.
- The principle of the genetic information exchange has to comply with all the laws and to assess potential risk of human rights violations, including identifying the party conducting the proper secure storage of data.
Russia is violating human rights and the Kremlin’s direction into a eugenics program is a direct violation of the HUGO code of conduct and the rights of Russian citizens. Putin is a danger to the West.