Stocks of Facebook (FB) Google Alphabet (GOOGL) and Twitter (TWTR) are mentioned.
- CEO claiming employee advocacy and social selling are key marketing channels. Reason why you’ve been hearing so much about employee advocacy programs recently.
- How social media became a weapon of war. There is still a kind of denialism at these tech companies because they control the platforms that literally set the rules of the new game.
- Corporation functions as a trustee, it also has certain affirmative duties to its shareholders. The most important of these duties is to act impartially with respect to the interests of its multiple owners. To act in good faith and basic fairness with respect to conflicting interests among its shareholders.
- By controlling the attention of over 2 billion people, Mark Zuckerberg is tearing up the fabric of society and destroying democracy.
- Twitter has been slapped with a lawsuit by a conservative journalist who says he’s been unfairly banned from the social-media platform due to his political viewpoints.
- Zuckerberg and his colleagues automated system could also be used by politically motivated customers to direct political or ideological messages at Facebook users. This was precisely what had happened during the presidential election.
- Trump accused Google of manipulating search results to show negative stories about him. A week later, congressional lawmakers rebuked the company for failing to send one of its top executives to testify at a hearing alongside Facebook and Twitter.
- Related Nike/Kaepernick Social Strategy