- Molluscicides Application Market helps in improving agricultural productivity by killing mollusks such as shellfish, octopi, squid, snails, and slugs in the plantation.
- Molluscicides are chemical substances or biocides developed specifically for destroying mollusks.
- Growing acceptance of modern farming is adding fuel to the growth of molluscicides market.
Molluscicides are chemical substances or biocides developed specifically for destroying mollusks. Mollusks cause huge agricultural losses and have become a major agricultural threat. They feed both above and below the surface of the ground, on seeds, seedlings, and plants, damaging the roots, leaves, and flowers which reduce the plant growth and crop yield.
Plant residues and organic manure on soil surface along with the moist conditions leads to the production of mollusks. Most commonly used molluscicides include metaldehyde, iron phosphate, niclosamide, and others.
Molluscicides Application Market help in improving agricultural productivity by killing mollusks such as shellfish, octopi, squid, snails, and slugs in the plantation. Increasing population and growing demand for food have led to high agricultural productivity which is driving growth of the molluscicides market. Moreover, limited availability of cultivable land is boosting the demand for molluscicides to increase farm productivity.
Growing acceptance of modern farming is adding fuel to the growth of molluscicides market. Owing to improve the efficiency of molluscicides, major players are investing in research and development and introducing bio molluscicides which have opened doors for the growth of global molluscicides market.
Some of the key players profiled in the Global Molluscicides Market are Lonza Group AG (Switzerland), BASF SE (Germany), Marrone Bio Innovations, Inc. (U.S.), Bayer Crop Science (Germany), Adama Agricultural Solutions (Israel), De Sangosse SAS (France), Amvac Chemical Corporation (U.S.)
- Buy Research Report: UK In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Market size Surge at a Robust Pace in Terms of Revenue over COVID-19 2026
- Buy Research Report: Combine Harvesters Market to Ride Wave of Profitability on Back of its Versatile Operations
- Buy Research Report: CMP Slurry Market to Grow Two-fold, as Novel CMP Slurries Expand Revenue Pool of Manufacturers
- Buy Research Report: Soil Compaction Machines to Witness Heightened Demand, Underpinned by Array of Infrastructural Initiatives by Government
- Buy Research Report: Luxury Eyewear Sales to Surpass US$ 50 Bn Mark by 2027; Eyeglasses Hold over 60% Market Share
The Molluscicides market is segmented on the basis of a type such as metaldehyde, iron phosphate, niclosamide, and others. Among all, the metaldehyde segment is dominating the market and is expected to grow substantially over the forecast period. Easy availability and reasonable cost of the product is driving the growth of this segment. However, the iron phosphate is projected to gain moderate growth over the forecast period.
The Global Molluscicides Market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and rest of the world (RoW). North America is dominating the market followed by Europe. In North America, the U.S. is the major contributor of molluscicides. However, stringent environmental regulations in the developed economies of North America and Europe are expected to restraint market growth in these regions. Bio based molluscicides are expected to offer huge growth opportunity in North America and Europe.
About Market Research Future
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.