- New NPWT systems are safer, more efficient, and more user-friendly in care settings.
- Competitive pricing and ability to treat chronic and acute wounds is driving the NPWT market.
- The Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to exhibit the highest growth rate.
Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) is used to treat acute and chronic wounds. A vacuum source creates continuous or intermittent negative pressure inside the wound to remove fluid, exudates, and infectious materials to prepare the wound for healing and closure. NPWT systems consist of a vacuum pump, drainage tubing, a foam or gauze wound dressing, and an adhesive film dressing that covers and seals the wound. The therapy involves the controlled application of sub-atmospheric pressure to the local wound environment, using a sealed wound dressing connected to a vacuum pump.
Since the clearance of first NPWT device by FDA in the U.S., the system has evolved considerably. New device and dressing features have been added that make the system safer, more efficient, and more user-friendly in care settings other than hospitals, such as in long-term care facilities, rehab centers, and even patients’ homes. This has been the major driver for the global negative pressure wound therapy.
The global negative pressure wound therapy is segmented on the basis of products such as conventional NPWT products and single-use NPWT products. The conventional NPWT products are further segmented into conventional NPWT canisters, conventional NPWT pumps and conventional NPWT dressing kits. On the basis of application, the global negative pressure wound therapy market is segmented into skin ulcers, burns, surgical and traumatic wounds. The global negative pressure wound therapy devices market is mainly driven by the competitive pricing of the products by the market players and the ability to treat chronic and acute wounds.
In terms of geography, Asia-Pacific is anticipated to exhibit the highest growth rate during the forecast period with China and India being the major region of growth. Growing geriatric population across the globe has increased the population base of the patients suffering from diabetes and chronic wounds would further drive the negative pressure wound therapy market.
Buy Research Report: Mobile Water Treatment Systems Market Set to Grow US$ 1,952.0 Mn during 2020-2030
Buy Research Report: Electric Trolling Motors Market to Expand at a CAGR of 3.2% During 2020-2030
Buy Research Report: Global Solar Cells and Modules Market Strategic Assessment and Forecast by 2026
Buy Research Report: What Are the Upcoming Trends in the Telemonitoring System Market? What Impact Would They Make in Forecast – 2026?
Buy Research Report: Global Peak Flow Meter Market Latest Trend Analysis, Progression Status, Revenue Expectation to 2026
Buy Research Report: What Are the Upcoming Trends in the Virtual Schools Market? What Impact Would They Make in Forecast – 2026?
Buy Research Report: Food Powder Packing Machines Market Demand Likely to Rise amid COVID-19 Pandemic
Buy Research Report: A2P SMS Industry Revolutionary Projections & Business Strategies 2020-2026
Buy Research Report: Ice Hockey Equipment Market to Grow 1.9X by 2030, Manufacturers to Prioritize Online Sales Channels
Buy Research Report: COVID-19 Inhibits Demand for Processed Meat amid Bottlenecks in Supply and Production
The Global Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Market is segmented on the following bases:
- Global Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Market Revenue , By Product, 2016-2023
- Convention Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Market
- Single-Use Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Market
- Global Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Market Revenue, By Application, 2016-2023
- Skin Ulcers
- Surgical and Traumatic Wounds
- Global Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Market Revenue, By Geography, 2016-2023
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Key Players Identified for Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Market Include:
Acelity (Kinetic Concepts, Inc.), Smith & Nephew, ConvaTec Inc., Medela, Mölnlycke Health Care, Coloplast Corp., Paul Hartmann AG, Systagenix, Stryker Corporation, 3M Health Careand Others
This report offers:
- An overview of the global markets for Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Market
- Market trends assessment for the period 2013-2023, with historical information for 2013 & 2013, and projections through 2023, with respective CAGRs during 2016-2023
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges and future prospects.
- Market competition scrutiny tools such as market share analysis, fractal map assessment.
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launch, and current and anticipated market dynamics.
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles highlighting key information about the major players operating in the Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Market