- Kim Jong-Un only travels by train.
- The entertainment, such as very young women, travels on this train, but upon request for entertainment for the guests of Kim Jong-Un, they switch to the second train.
- Interestingly, all the brands and a majority of food labels are imported from the West.
North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un only travels by trains. The North Korean National airline Air-Koryo has never flown Kim. It is unknown, if the North Korean leader has ever taken a flight. His father, Kim Jong-II never traveled by plane either and always used a train. The late Kim Jong-II was rumored to have a fleet of six personal trains, which included 90 armored luxury cars.
Air Koryo is the state-owned national airline of North Korea, headquartered in Sunan-guyŏk, Pyongyang. Based at Pyongyang International Airport, it operates international scheduled and charter services to points in Asia. The fleet of Air Koryo includes only Russian made Tu-204 planes.
Kim-Jong-Un does have his own armored luxury train and has an extensive entourage that travels with him. The train consists of up to 21 cars and it is pulled by two locomotives. An armored train can reach the speed of up to 50 miles per hour. The train uses the railroad tracks in North Korea and China.
According to intelligence gathered, the leader’s train “cortege” includes three trains:
1) Responsible for checking security.
2) Transports head of the DPRK and follows with a delay of 20 minutes to 1 hour after passing the first train. It also has a car specifically set up as a conference room. There is also an entertainment car with karaoke machine and even private satellite communication car. There is a kitchen car, restaurant car. The most unique train car is specifically modified as a luxury garage for very expensive armored Mercedes-Maybach Sedan series vehicles. Ironically, with all the sanctions, the leader was able to get two brand new luxury Mercedes. The starting price for the 2020 model starts at $202,550.
3) Specifically transports accompanying staff and all the necessary accessories and equipment needed for the trip. All the food supplies are located on this transport. The entertainment, such as very young women, travels on this train, but upon request for entertainment for the guests of Kim Jong-Un, they switch to the second train.
After the itinerary is available for the Kim Jong-Un travel, the internal staff gives orders to clear areas near the railway tracks and completely block them off.
A few “privileged” individuals, who had a special privilege to travel with Kim Jong-Un to Russia via armored train, claim the menu includes gourmet dishes and luxury brands of liquors. Interestingly, all the brands and a majority of food labels are imported from the West. Russian officials also entered Kim Jong-Un train, when he arrived in Vladivostok, Russia.
It is highly likely there are some train cars that no one has ever seen besides a select few. Maybe some of the cars are equipped as a sort of bunker, with a portable nuclear station, weapons car, etc.
Why is Kim Jong-Un afraid of flying? Are there unknown security reasons? Currently, he continues to be the North Korean dictator and to keep the North Korean populous isolated from the rest of the world.