- Artificial intelligence is already reshaping the careers of many AI professionals.
- However, we’ve been slow to adopt the changes, it’s high time we take heed and upgrade our skills.
- 70% of the white-collar workers will constantly be closely involved in conversational AI.
Artificial intelligence: good and evil!
As we contemplate on AI’s dual nature, we’re still perplexed and confused. Is artificial doing justice? Of course, it is, reducing human manpower, reducing commute time, determination of prices on apps like Uber and Lyft, the spam filter, email categorization, Robo-readers, plagiarism checker, detecting fraud in transactions, face recognition in social media network (Facebook), online shopping. The list is never-ending.
Precisely, we’re already living amongst artificial intelligence that we barely realize it.
Will AI be a job creator or a destroyer?
Perhaps, this question should be topped as the question of the century with numerous commentators pointing out their views regarding AI.
According to a survey by Harvey Nash / KPMG CIO (one of the world’s largest study in IT leadership) 2019,
- There were near about 10% of the workforce who believed that technology is bound to replace jobs within the next five years.
- 69% of these respondents believed additional jobs will be created despite the transformation.
As said by Pope Francis,
“If mankind’s so-called technological progress was to become an enemy of the common good, this would lead to an unfortunate regression to a form of barbarism dictated by the law of the strongest.”
As 2019 comes to an end, here’s the big question. How do you plan on leveraging AI that will hold a significant transformation for business leaders and consumers?
- Buy Research Report: Laser Indirect Ophthalmoscope Market to Witness a Strong CAGR of 4.2% Over the Forecast Period (2018–2026)
- Buy Research Report: The Global Nuclear Imaging Equipment Market Size was Leading by Valued at US$ 2,220.5 million in 2017
- Buy Research Report: Cosmetic Dentistry Market: Europe to Dominate the $30.1 billion Industry
- Buy Research Report: By 2026, Halitosis Treatment Market To Surpass US$ 16 Billion
- Buy Research Report: Cough Suppressant Drugs Market to Witness a CAGR of 3.7% During the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
- Buy Research Report: Lab Automation Market to Reflect Impressive Growth in Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry
- Buy Research Report: Plasma Fractionation Market to Expand 1.5x through 2026, Convalescent Plasma (CP) Treatment amid COVID-19 to Inject Hope
- Buy Research Report: Medical Holography Market to Surge, Finds Significant Potential in Diagnosis of COVID-19
- Buy Research Report: Epinephrine Market to Exhibit at a CAGR of 11.0% Over the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
- Buy Research Report: Ethyl Acetate Market Analysis
AI trends businesses, consumers and AI professionals must watch out this 2020: –
Artificial intelligence to be autonomous
Self-driving cars are already the talk of the town. Albeit, autonomous technology predicts that the application will be broadened to shape the upcoming future. In 2020, it will become one of the most top trending technology, a forecast by Gartner. Due to autonomous AI, concepts such as robots moving without the help of any assistance, drones hovering around, and tasks that used to be manual or semi-automatic will now become automatic.
Robots play a vital role in businesses that involves advanced agriculture and autonomous shipping where these robots will be autonomously working.
AI to be explainable
By 2025, most organizations will need AI-fueled applications, a report by Gartner. As AI makes rapid progression in the industry, organizations will be more responsible in answering how they have reached such a level of decision-making. Gartner also says 30% of the large enterprise contracts and governments will need such kind of solutions by 2025.
In terms of data science and machine learning platforms, factors such as statistics used to reach a particular conclusion, attributes, and accuracy should be listed. The firm also stated that rules and legislation e.g. the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation encourages the need for these explainable AI.
Can you believe having a conversational AI?
2020 will be a big year for AI professionals and AI leaders as conversational AI enters the mass market. There will be around 50% of analytical queries to emerge from voice queries, NLP augmenting analytics system to become accessible across several organizations predicts Gartner. Also, in another report filed by the firm, 70% of the white-collar workers will constantly be closely involved in conversational AI.
AI to cause three major impacts on cybersecurity.
- Organizations need to make sure their AI-powered systems are secured from being invaded preventing these systems to produce leaked underlying data sets and produce a faulty decision.
- AI to use other artificial intelligence techniques and machine learning to encounter cyberattacks.
- The next-generation security products are likely to enter the market soon, thus, organizations will be bound to use AI to boost security.
Artificial intelligence is already shaping the careers for AI professionals and it should not be overlooked. In a world where technology is disrupting the world at a rapid pace AI certifications are being brought in the center stage today in context to equip people with skills necessary for the current industry.
AI does pose threats to jobs, but it also promises to create many.