The global plasma fractionation market is set for a staggering 7.1% CAGR between 2020 and 2026. The plasma fractionation market is anticipated to benefit from growing demand during the coronavirus pandemic. Demand for plasma fractionation production towards the treatment of autoimmune and inflammatory disease patients during the crisis period will sustain growth.
The growing number of cases rheumatoid arthritis, neurological ailments, and osteoarthritis amidst a widening geriatric population has contributed to increased need for advanced therapeutics solutions derived from plasma fractionation processes in the forecast period.
Plasma Fractionation Market- Key Takeaways
- Protease inhibitors from plasma fractionation are rapidly gaining traction, owing to promising outcomes in anti-viral applications, which has gained further impetus in the covid-19 crisis.
- Applications in treating genetic disorders has gained traction in recent years, especially with albumin-incorporated formulations.
- Asia Pacific is displaying strong potential for growth in the plasma fractionation industry, driven largely by growing investments in the region into drug discovery.
Plasma Fractionation Market- Driving Factors
- Growing immunoglobulin applications in treatments for metabolic diseases is a key factor boosting plasma fractionation processes.
- Rising investments into the installation of technologically sophisticated plasma fractionation facilities will contribute to market growth.
Plasma Fractionation Market- Major Restraints
- Limitations in reimbursement policies are a major factor holding back market developments.
- Shortage of plasma donors is a major problem faced by players in the plasma fractionation industry.
Buy Research Report: Global Natural Mineral Water Market Research Report 2021-2025 – Danone, Bongrain, Devondale Murray Goulburn, Fonterra
Get Content Links from Established Websites
I Give You 23 Million Verified Emails
Buy Research Report: Serial Console Server Market to Be Valued at US$ 37 Bn by 2030 – Supply Issues amidst COVID-19 Pandemic Impeding Market Expansion
Buy Research Report: Tennis Racquet Market to Expand Nearly 1.5X through 2030 – Reduced Sports Activities Due to COVID-19 Outbreak Affecting Sales Prospects
COVID-19 Impact on Plasma Fractionation Market
The coronavirus pandemic is expected to have a positive effect on the global plasma fractionation industry.
This can be largely attributed to the increased demand for immunoglobulins and protease inhibitors for treatment procedures for potential covid-19 patients with autoimmune and inflammatory ailments.
Plasma fractionation is also anticipated to find a major role in vaccine development for the covid-19 virus, which will generate short term lucrative opportunities for market players during this period.
Octapharma USA Inc., CSL Behring, Shire plc, Kedrion, Sanquin, Baxter International Inc., Biotest AG, and GRIFOLS are some of the leading players in the plasma fractionation market.
Plasma fractionation market players have been observed investing in production expansions through development and purchase of new facilities, or through major industry acquisitions to keep with growing demand for plasma constituents.
Baxter International Inc. has entered into an agreement with Sanquin Blood Supply Foundation for the use of 1.6 million liters of plasma fractionation for a fixed fee.
Oryx Biotech has announced a US$ 300 million investment to set up a plasma fractionation facility in Bangladesh.
Grifols has announced the acquisition of plasma fractionation and purification facilities in the US from GC Biotherapeutics.