Thermal imager is a device similar to regular camera, which creates an image that is visible to human eyes, using infrared radiation, also known as thermographic camera. The global portable thermal imagers market is estimated to account for $2,540 Millionn in terms of value by the end of 2019.
Thermal imager is also known as thermographic camera, infrared camera or thermal imaging camera.
There are two types of thermal imagers, cooled type and uncooled type. Thermal cameras are mostly used in airport security, border petrol police, medical equipment, and others.
Market Dynamic- Driver
Advancements in firefighting equipment is expected to drive the global portable thermal imagers market growth during the forecast period
The firefighters require portable thermal imagers to see through smoke and darkness in case of hazardous situation such as fire.
Thermal imagers can be used in building fire as well as wildfires to rescue animals and humans.
The incident of wildfire has increased significantly in the last decade. According to National Institute of Space Research, Brazil, there is 200% increase in wildfire from 2013 to 2019 in Amazon.
As wildfire is unpredictable, the rescue operations might have to be carried out even at night.
The use of thermal imagers will help in finding trapped animals in the forest.
These factors are expected to drive the global portable thermal imagers’ market growth during the forecast period
- Buy Research Report: Laser Indirect Ophthalmoscope Market to Witness a Strong CAGR of 4.2% Over the Forecast Period (2018–2026)
- Buy Research Report: The Global Nuclear Imaging Equipment Market Size was Leading by Valued at US$ 2,220.5 million in 2017
- Buy Research Report: Cosmetic Dentistry Market: Europe to Dominate the $30.1 billion Industry
- Buy Research Report: By 2026, Halitosis Treatment Market To Surpass US$ 16 Billion
- Buy Research Report: Cough Suppressant Drugs Market to Witness a CAGR of 3.7% During the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
Increasing adoption of thermal imagers at airport security is expected to create significant growth opportunities for market players over the forecast period
Thermal imagers are used extensively at airport security for determining physical parameters such as body temperature, as body temperature is a crucial parameter to determine a person’s health condition.
If a person with high body temperature is found, he/she needs to be isolated for medical checkups.
For instance, on January 12, 2020, according to news by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, a new type of virus known as coronavirus was found in China that causes sickness and death of several people.
The primary indication of person affected by this virus is high fever.
The portable thermal imagers are installed at various airports and distributed to various health agencies to identify people with high fever and isolate them from the crowd to prevent further spreading of virus.
Key players operating in the global portable thermal imagers market include Flir Systems Inc., BAE Systems PLC, Thales Group, Safran Electronics and Defense, Elbit Systems Ltd., Seek Thermal Inc., Fluke Corporation, American Technologies Network Corporation, Thermoteknix Systems Ltd., Raytheon Company, Leonardo DRS, OMEGA Engineering Inc., Visma Instruments and Technologies Pvt. Ltd., and others
- Key companies in the market are focused on strategies such as partnerships and collaborations, in order to gain competitive edge in the market. For instance, in September 2019, Flir Systems Inc. partnered with Sig Sauer Academy, wherein Flir will provide night vision and thermal imaging equipment to Sig academy.
- Key players in the market are focused on partnership, in order to enhance their market presence. For instance, in March 2019, SEEK THERMAL, a US based Thermal imager providing company, entered into strategic partnership with Los Angeles Fire Department (LAFD), a US based government agency. Seek Thermal will provide 1000 portable thermal imager to Los Angeles Fire Department (LAFD) as part of every firefighter’s standard gear.