- The global retractable needle safety syringes market expanding at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2017 to 2025.
- According to WHO studies, almost 16 billion injections are administered every year.
- Awareness about infection risk due to unsafe practices of the syringe and its reuse has led to the usage of safety syringes.
According to the latest market report published by Credence Research, Inc., the global retractable needle safety syringes market was valued at $1,345 Mn in 2016, and is expected to reach $2,345.7 Mn by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2017 to 2025.
According to WHO studies, almost 16 billion injections are administered every year; out of which a majority i.e. 90% is given in curative care. The general trend of unsafe syringe practice is observed all over the world, especially in developing countries, which has led to the transmission of infection among the patient and healthcare professional.
Though the exact data is not available for disease burden associated with unsafe and reuse of syringe practices, it would lead to diseases such as hemorrhagic fevers such as Ebola and Marburg viruses, bacterial infection, malaria, and others.
The WHO has set guidelines for the safe practice of syringe usage and developed a global campaign to promote injection safety. These safety guidelines would help to protect health workers against needle stick accidents and further exposure to infection.
The guidelines have also recommended the usage of new “smart” syringes that would prevent reuse, urging countries to transition by 2020. The introduction of cost-effective safety-engineered syringes would drive the growth of the retractable needle safety syringes.
The global Retractable Needle Safety Syringes Market is segmented by product type into manual retractable syringes and automatic-retractable safety syringes. Manual retractable syringes dominate the retractable needle safety syringes, due to their wide usage and cost-effectiveness.
- Buy Research Report: Cough Suppressant Drugs Market to Witness a CAGR of 3.7% During the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
- Buy Research Report: Lab Automation Market to Reflect Impressive Growth in Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry
- Buy Research Report: Plasma Fractionation Market to Expand 1.5x through 2026, Convalescent Plasma (CP) Treatment amid COVID-19 to Inject Hope
- Buy Research Report: Medical Holography Market to Surge, Finds Significant Potential in Diagnosis of COVID-19
- Buy Research Report: Epinephrine Market to Exhibit at a CAGR of 11.0% Over the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
The market is also segmented by end-users into hospitals, clinics, and ambulatory surgery centers. Hospitals dominate the global retractable needle safety syringes market and are rapidly growing with WHO guideline for the usage of “smart syringes”
As of the current market scenario, North America dominated the global retractable needle safety syringes market followed by Europe. Factors contributing to the growth of North America include government initiative and regulation for safety practices, a rise in the incidence of needle-stick injury and enhanced safety needles. The Asia Pacific region is the fastest growing retractable needle safety syringes market in the forecast period.
Key Market Movements
- Awareness about infection risk due to unsafe practices of the syringe and its reuse has led to the usage of safety syringes by the healthcare workers to avoid needle stick accidents.
- WHO set guidelines and recommendations for safe practice and usage of syringes to protect health workers against accidental needle injury and subsequent exposure to infection.
Company Profiles covered in the report are: Axel Bio Corporation, Becton Dickinson and Company, DMC Medical Limited, Globe Medical Tech Inc., Medtronic Plc, Medigard Limited, Retractable Technologies Inc., Smiths Medical, Sol-Millennium Inc., UltiMed, Inc., and other notable players.