- Rusia is building new bases.
- The new two submarines are entering service this year.
- Russia is also aplying new coating to their subs.
Russia’s Ministry of Defense announced the first stage completion of the Russian submarine forces infrastructure updpates. According to the Russian government the submarines will have their own secure bases with state of the art equipment. The new generation bases will be located at Gadzievo, Zaozersk, and Vilyuchinsk, which is building a brand new base. Construction has just begun and submarines will have storage for the missile arsenal and additional logistics equipment.
Russian physicists are working on making the submarines invisible. The new system will be utilized on Delfin and Borei missile carriers. Borei Project 955 (09551), 955A (09552) is a series of Russian nuclear-powered strategic missile fourth generation submarine classes. NATO’s classification is Borei and Dolgorukiy.
Under the new system, after a submarine reaches the surface, the buoys will activate and then will immediately start suppressing signals. Hence, it will violate the communication channels of sonar buoys whose sole purpose is submarine detection. These devices are deployed via anti submarine helicopters. The interruption of the radio channels between aircraft and radio station allows for minimal detection and neutralizes sonar buoys.
Russia has been busy building a projected 14 submarines:
1) The Prince Vladimir and Prince Oleg submarines will join Russia’s fleet later this year. Surprisingly why not name one Czar Vladimir after Putin?
2) Construction continues on the 885 and 885M submarines. The Yasen-M differs from the classic project Yasen with more advanced electronic weapons. This submarine is a highly classified Russian project. The information is very scarce.
3) Project 677 and Project 6363 diesel submarines. These submarines have a very low noise level due to a new anti-hydrolocation coating. In the Russian patent database the description of the coating states the invention relates to hydroacoustics, namely to the means of hydroacoustic protection-hydroacoustic coatings (gap), the use of which provides a reduction in the levels of primary and secondary acoustic fields of the protected object located in water under the influence of hydrostatic pressure.
The technical result of the invention is to increase the anti-hydrolocation effect of the hydroacoustic coating while increasing its sound insulation in the low-frequency region. The coating plate is made of two semi-perforated plates connected to each other through a layer of monolithic rubber. The lower semi-perforated plate contains cylindrical cavities reinforced with polymer coils, and in the upper semi-perforated plate the air cavities are shaped like cones. Air cavities in the upper half-perforated plate can be made of different heights and with different base diameters. One of the ways to improve the acoustic efficiency of the gap, especially sound insulation in the low-frequency region without increasing the mass and size characteristics of the gap, is to increase the size of air cavities in the acoustic layer and increase the perforation coefficient.
This project also has an improved sonar system.
Russia is designing high tech security measures around these bases. It is also building additional facilities for the staff, including entertainment facilities.