- Russian teacher has been charged with treason on Friday in Kherson.
- Russian special forces member has been charged with treason on Thursday in Russia.
- There are treason charged pending pertaining the Kherson blogger.
On Friday, a Russian language teacher was arrested in the Ukrainian city of Kherson. She is remanded in custody until October 9th. This is unsafe, as Coronavirus numbers continue to increase in Ukraine. The pandemic is taking a huge toll on Ukraine now. The accused, Tatyana Kuzmich, is charged with treason.
The arrested is the head of the public organization Russian national community, “Rusich,” head of the educational and methodological laboratory of educational institutions of the Municipal University, Kherson Academy of Continuing Education at the Kherson Regional Council.
According to the investigators:
“During her stay in the territory of the annexed Crimea in 2015, Tatyana Kuzmich was involved by FSB officers against Ukraine, and since 2017, she has been transferring materials to the territory of the Russian Federation to carry out subversive work in the Kherson region and other regions of Ukraine.”
Under article 111 of the criminal code of Ukraine, she faces a sentence of imprisonment for a period of 12 to 15 years with confiscation of property. However, is this a retaliation for the arrest of the Russian special forces member on Thursday. He is accused of treason and espionage against Russia. The documentation was passed to Ukraine.
Tatyana Kuzmich completed her PhD in 2014. Her thesis topic was “Formation of social competence of high school students by means of Slavic culture.”
In particular, she is accused of allegedly studying the socio-political situation in the South of Ukraine, transmitting data to Russian special services on the activities of local state authorities and management, as well as non-governmental international foundations and organizations, and some “political and public figures loyal to Russia.”
According to Ukrainian government, she created a network of pro-Russian agents in Kherson. During the search of her residence, the SBU allegedly found pro-Russian propaganda materials.
There has been a wave of the arrests in Kherson. The very popular YouTuber and social media personality Kiril Stremousov was detained and accused of being an FSB informant. He was detained under articles 111 (Treason) and 208 of the Ukraine Criminal code.
- Illegal opening or use, contrary to the procedures established by law, of currency accounts of private persons outside Ukraine by a Ukrainian citizen permanently residing on its territory, and also currency accounts of legal entities operating on the territory of Ukraine by an official of an enterprise, institution or organization, or by any other person acting on request of such official, and also any such actions committed by an unincorporated entrepreneur, -shall be punishable by a fine of 500 to 1000 tax-free minimum incomes, or correctional labor for a term up to two years, or restraint of liberty for a term of two to four years, with the forfeiture of currency values placed on such accounts.
- The same actions, if repeated, or committed by a group of persons upon their prior conspiracy, -shall be punishable by imprisonment of three to five years with the deprivation of the right to occupy certain positions or engage in certain activities for a term up to three years and the forfeiture of currency values placed on such accounts.
He is related at present, but all his electronic devices have been seized. His case has publication ban and no information has been released to the public. It seems Russia and Ukraine are playing Tit for Tat with treason arrests.