- The biggest advantage of the new technology is being able to create a portrait of the object in 3D, all of which helps technicians to recognize difficult objects and identify small sized targets.
- Radio photon locators work by having a wider visual system and allowing better relay of the information.
- The US Army will make a decision on who will build its Lower-Tier Air-and-Missile Defense Sensor, or LTAMDS by the end of this year.
The Russian military is adopting new radar based on radio-photonic technology. The first prototype has been released this week and is being tested by Russian military personnel. During the 24th International Crimean Conference Microwave & Telecommunication Technology in 2014 the first report on the subject was presented.
An additional report was presented during the 48th European Microwave Conference in Madrid, Spain in 2018. It described the implementation of the photonic analog-to-digital convertor (ADC) using an optimal way of information parallelizing at the level of circuit solutions, that can significantly improve the performance of the total system (signal source – ADC – computing device).
The authors of the report:
- Buy Research Report: Retail Cloud Market 2019: Historical Analysis, Opportunities, Latest Innovations, Top Players Forecast 2023
- Buy Research Report: Mobile AI Market, Mobile AI Market size, Mobile AI Market share, Mobile AI Market trends, Mobile AI Market growth, Mobile AI Market forecast
- Buy Research Report: Precision Medicine Market Size Current and Future Industry Trends, 2018 – 2025
- Buy Research Report: Linear Actuators Market Size and Future Development Status 2025
- Buy Research Report: Dental Lights Market Size – Strategic Assessment and Forecast Till 2025
- Buy Research Report: Nano GPS Chip Market- Trends & Leading Players by 2025
- Buy Research Report: Point Of Sale (PoS) Terminal Market– Survey on Future Scope by 2027
- Buy Research Report: Fix Wing Air Ambulance Service Market– Survey on Consumption Benefits 2027
- Buy Research Report: Dioctyl Maleate Market Import-Export Ratio, Share, Expansion Rate Forecast To 2026
- Buy Research Report: UK Cold Chain Logistics Market Global Analysis and Latest Study Report 2019 to 2026
Using the new technology, the radar image is easier to receive and transmit. It has myriad uses and the applications can vary. The biggest advantage of the new technology is being able to create a portrait of the object in 3D, all of which helps technicians to recognize difficult objects and identify small sized targets. The main difference from the traditional radio locator stations is the use of the optical devices for the signal deciphering.
The new technology will be installed on the new generation Russian fighter jets and military equipment. According to an AORTI announcement, the first prototype of the radar using radio-phonic elements has been successfully created. AORTI is a Russian private entity in the defense sector specializing in the radio technology and information systems.
The 3D radar technology will allow its operators to locate and destroy an enemy with maximized success. During the experiment, a drone trajectory was tracked flawlessly. In order to finish the system design, the experiment required collecting photon integral diagrams.
Current radars use electronic radiation, with the reflection off the object returning and transmitting a signal to the receiving apparatus. Radio photon locators work by having a wider visual system and allowing better relay of the information.
- Smaller dimensions of such radars and lower risk of the disruptions due to noise
- Increased discovery of targets and identification of the flight parameters
- Creation of a 3D portrait of the object
- Increase in object identifications
Russia’s 6th Generation Stealth Fighter will be equipped with the 3D radar technology.
The US Army will make a decision on who will build its Lower-Tier Air-and-Missile Defense Sensor, or LTAMDS by the end of this year. That radar will be part of a new AMD system, replacing the Raytheon-made Patriot system.