- Demand is increasing for environment-friendly zipper bags.
- Requirements for high capital investment for the creation of such types of products are expected to be a major constraining factor.
- Zipper bags are showing increasing demand in the Asia Pacific markets.
Zipper bags are durable, low cost, light weight, water resistant, can be produced with less energy and do not require heavy chemicals for manufacture. They also have a smaller environmental impact during manufacture than that of paper bags. These properties are expected to bode well for the prospects of the zipper bags market for the foreseeable future.
Recycling rates for plastic are significantly low. Zipper bags are made of a non-renewable resource, In addition, they act as a hazard to wildlife animals, if they are not disposed properly. They also clog roadside drains, which result in flooding in urban areas during heavy rainfalls. These are some factors that have the potential to hamper the growth of the zipper bags market in the near future.
A large portion of the materials used for zipper bags mainly include PE and PVC materials, which negatively impact the environment. Extremely stringent laws put down by governing bodies and the environment regulation organizations curtail the use of these hazardous substances. This has resulted in an increase in the demand for environment friendly products. The rising trend of using environment-safe packaging by both consumers and manufacturers, has resulted in the realization of the need for better alternatives for traditional zipper bags, especially when used for the packaging of food products.
- Buy Research Report: Global Osseointegration Implants Market Size Valued at US$ 5,672.3 Million in 2017
- Buy Research Report: Global Oncology Drugs Market Estimated to Reached US$ 77.3 Billion in 2018
- I Will Remove Background of Your Picture (for Amazon, Ebay Ads Listing)
- Buy Research Report: Skin Care Products Market Analysis
- Buy Research Report: Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Market to Witness a CAGR of 6.2% Over the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
- Buy Research Report: Healthcare Consulting Services Market is Set to Reach $15.88 Billion by 2023
- Buy Research Report: Laser Indirect Ophthalmoscope Market to Witness a Strong CAGR of 4.2% Over the Forecast Period (2018–2026)
- Buy Research Report: The Global Nuclear Imaging Equipment Market Size was Leading by Valued at US$ 2,220.5 million in 2017
- Buy Research Report: Cosmetic Dentistry Market: Europe to Dominate the $30.1 billion Industry
- Buy Research Report: By 2026, Halitosis Treatment Market To Surpass US$ 16 Billion
Due to such factors, most market players are focusing on the development of bio-based sources for manufacturing zipper bags. On the other hand, requirements for high capital investment for the creation of such types of products are expected to be a major constraining factor for small-scale or emerging players in the zipper bag market in the forecast period. Apart from applications in the food and beverage industry, zipper bags are also expected to witness great demand by the pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and personal care industries.
The Zipper bags market can be majorly segmented on the terms of product type and by end-use application.
On the basis of product type, the Zipper bags market can be segmented as:
Polypropylene Zipper bags & Polyethylene Zipper bags
On the basis of end-use application, the Zipper bags market can be segmented as:
Consumer Use,Food Packaging,Industrial Use,Pharmaceuticals & Electronics
The Asia Pacific Countries Offer Large Growth Opportunities for Zipper Bags Markets
The important markets covered in the zipper bags market study include major regions such as North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa. Zipper bags are showing increasing demand in the Asia Pacific markets owing to the wide spread adoption of zipper bags for food storage processes that match both consumer and commercial requirements. This is particularly true in developing countries like China where usage is relatively higher. North America and Europe market is also expected to provide large scale scope for growth of the zipper bags market players. In addition, retail and e-commerce sales channels are expected to produce great demand.
The comprehensive regional analysis includes:
North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico),Latin America (Brazil), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Australia, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Russia) & Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Egypt, South Africa, Turkey)
Key market players in the Zipper bags market are emphasizing on expanding vehicle portfolio to accurately meet the needs of applications of the types of zipper bags while painstakingly complying with the strict plastic control regulations worldwide. A large number of unorganized market players are contributing to the growth of the market. The products are created to accurately meet safety and environmental regulation specifications. Market players are also putting emphasis on eco-friendly alternatives and to improve on size and durability for a more optimal scope of usage. Some of the major players in the Zipper bags market include:
SynPack,The Glad Products Company,SC Johnson (Ziploc brand),Minigrip,Multi-Pak USA, Inc.,International Plastics, Inc.,Custom Poly Packaging,Shenzhen Asuwant Plastic Packaging Co.,Ltd, Wenzhou Xinda Zip Lock Bag Making Equipment Co. Ltd.