- Based on type, the reciprocating segment is expected to hold the largest share of the market.
- Power generation is expected to be the fastest segment of the transmission sales market during the forecast period.
- Europe is expected to lead the transmission sales market.
The transmission sales market is expected to grow from an estimated market size of $15.2 billion in 2019 to $18.7 billion by 2024, registering a CAGR of 4.2% from 2019 to 2024. The transmission sales market is witnessing significant growth, which is driven by the growing shale gas production activities.
Browse 70 market data Tables and 45 Figures spread through 135 Pages and in-depth TOC on “Transmission Sales Market by Type (Reciprocating, Rotary, Centrifugal, Axial Flow), Application (Artificial lift, Gas Processing Station, LNG & FPS, Storage & Facilities), Compression Media, End Users, and Region – Global Forecasts to 2024″
The reciprocating segment is expected to dominate the transmission sales market during the forecast period. Applications of a reciprocating compressor include oil refineries, gas pipelines, chemical plants, natural gas processing plants, and refrigeration plants. These compressors are used in the oil & gas industry for compressing the gas for the main transmission through gas pipelines. This has helped the reciprocating segment to acquire the largest share in the transmission sales market.
Power generation plants require compressors for gas turbine power plants, ash conveying, and fly ash handling, ensuring highest efficiency and operating reliability. The rising demand for power is triggering the need for additional power generation. This, coupled with the need to replace and modernize existing power plants, has resulted in the extensive use of gas turbine power plants. Compressors are used to maintain pipeline pressure in the power generation sector. Moreover, retrofit and modernization projects in Europe and North America are likely to boost the power plant segment of the transmission sales market.
- Buy Research Report: Laser Indirect Ophthalmoscope Market to Witness a Strong CAGR of 4.2% Over the Forecast Period (2018–2026)
- Buy Research Report: The Global Nuclear Imaging Equipment Market Size was Leading by Valued at US$ 2,220.5 million in 2017
- Buy Research Report: Cosmetic Dentistry Market: Europe to Dominate the $30.1 billion Industry
- Buy Research Report: By 2026, Halitosis Treatment Market To Surpass US$ 16 Billion
- Buy Research Report: Cough Suppressant Drugs Market to Witness a CAGR of 3.7% During the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
Europe is expected to lead the Transmission sales market during the forecast period. The market in Europe is driven by the growth of the industrial sector and competitive growth in Eastern and Central Europe. This growth is influenced by increasing privatization and low-cost base.
Compressors are used in manufacturing and processing sectors, which represent a major advancement in the adoption of newer technologies by customers. Its distinguishing features include high-quality compressed air, low energy consumption, reduced noise levels, and ease of maintenance. The major end-users driving the transmission sales market in the region are power generation, oil & gas, and water & wastewater management.
The key players in the transmission sales market include Caterpillar, Inc. (US), GE (US), Siemens (Germany), Gazprom (Russia), and Cummins (US). The leading players are adopting various strategies to increase their share in the transmission sales market.