- The Silicon Photonics Industry is gaining significant momentum because it allows optical devices to be made cheaply.
- Photonics became the channel for the transport of information in the telecom and datacom industry.
- The Silicon Photonics Industry is expected to reach at $1000 Million by 2024, at approx. 22% of CAGR between 2018 and 2024.
The Silicon Photonics Industry is gaining significant momentum because it allows optical devices to be made cheaply using standard semiconductor fabrication techniques that are integrated with microelectronic chips.
Electronics had a revolution that forever changed the way consumers live and businesses run, photonics became the channel for the transport of information in the telecom and datacom
industry. Although optical communication enabled the rise of the Internet and the steep price decline everyone enjoyed, it didn’t reach the level of diffusion and the pace of integration and performance experienced by the semiconductor business.
The Silicon Photonics Industry is segmented on the basis of component, product and application. The component segment consists of active components and passive components. The passive devices, silicon lends itself quite well to integration. Instead of using micro optics, combining waveguides with attenuators is being accomplished with silicon. With 100G receivers, the delay lines are being integrated with the phase combiners with either silicon.
The Silicon Photonics Industry is expected to reach at $1000 Million by 2024, at approx. 22% of CAGR between 2018 and 2024.
- Buy Research Report: UK In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Market size Surge at a Robust Pace in Terms of Revenue over COVID-19 2026
- Buy Research Report: Combine Harvesters Market to Ride Wave of Profitability on Back of its Versatile Operations
- Buy Research Report: CMP Slurry Market to Grow Two-fold, as Novel CMP Slurries Expand Revenue Pool of Manufacturers
- Buy Research Report: Soil Compaction Machines to Witness Heightened Demand, Underpinned by Array of Infrastructural Initiatives by Government
- Buy Research Report: Luxury Eyewear Sales to Surpass US$ 50 Bn Mark by 2027; Eyeglasses Hold over 60% Market Share
The prominent players in the Silicon Photonics Industry are Infinera Corporation (U.S.), Cisco Systems Inc. (U.S.), Intel Corporation (U.S.) IBM Corporation (U.S.), Mellanox Technologies Ltd. (U.S.), Hamamatsu Photonics K.K. (Japan), STMicroelectronics N.V. (Switzerland), Finisar Corporation (U.S.), Luxtera Inc. (U.S.), Das Photonics (Spain), among others.
The regional analysis of Silicon Photonics Industry is being studied for regions such as Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and Rest of the World. North America region is estimated to be the leader in the Silicon Photonics Industry because of the adoption of advanced technologies and government support and increase in demand for the data transfer. It is followed by Asia-Pacific in the Silicon Photonics Industry due to rising population, increase in urbanization and growing demand for data transfer.
About Market Research Future
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.