- A commercial smoke detector issues a signal to a fire alarm control panel which alerts building occupants, security, and the local fire department.
- A smoke detector basically consists of two major parts, sensor and loud electric horn that warns of possible fire.
- The amount of current required to run single residential smoke detector is 9-volt battery or 120-volt house current.
A smoke detector is a device that can sense smoke, providing an indication of possible fire, thus providing security to workers and residents. In commercial situations, smoke detectors issue a signal to a fire alarm control panel, whereas household smoke detectors (popularly known as smoke alarms) provide audible or visual alarm from the detecting object itself.
A smoke detector basically consists of two major parts, sensor (which is constantly on the alert for any signs of smoke) and a loud electric horn (which creates a loud annoying sound warning the individuals in the area there might be a fire). A smoke detector can run on a 9-volt battery or regular house current. Smoke detectors are typically enclosed in a disk-shaped plastic enclosure of about 150 millimeters in diameter and 25 millimeters in thickness.
To Understand How Our Report Information Can Bring Difference, Ask for a brochure
On the basis of working style, the global smoke detector market can be bifurcated into photoelectric detectors (have photocell within it, when light fails to reach the photocell due to smoke the attached alarm sets off providing signal of certain fire.) and ionization detectors (have two opposite charge plates, when smoke enters the chamber it neutralizes the ion particles dropping the current between the plates which triggers the alarm). Commercial, industrial, and residential buildings are the major end-users of smoke detector systems which are operated by building power with an external attachment to a battery for power backup.
- Buy Research Report: Retail Cloud Market 2019: Historical Analysis, Opportunities, Latest Innovations, Top Players Forecast 2023
- Buy Research Report: Mobile AI Market, Mobile AI Market size, Mobile AI Market share, Mobile AI Market trends, Mobile AI Market growth, Mobile AI Market forecast
- Buy Research Report: Precision Medicine Market Size Current and Future Industry Trends, 2018 – 2025
- Buy Research Report: Linear Actuators Market Size and Future Development Status 2025
- Buy Research Report: Dental Lights Market Size – Strategic Assessment and Forecast Till 2025
North America has largest market share for smoke detector systems, followed by Asia Pacific and Europe. Asia Pacific region is expected to overtake the North American smoke detector market in the forecast period. The developing markets of Asia Pacific and Europe are expected to boost the global smoke detector market. China and Indian markets are expected to see the highest growth in the coming future.
Increases in injuries and deaths due to fire in commercial and residential buildings is driving the global smoke detector market. Additionally, an increasing urban population demands private and government sectors across the globe to invest in better infrastructure facilities. Construction of residential and commercial buildings, healthcare centers and educational institutes leads to the demand for adequate security from fire, increasing overall demand for smoke detector systems.
For infrastructure development, the U.K government’s public sector investment is expected to rise by $4.9 billion to about $77.7 billion in 2013-14 over 2012-13. It is further expected to increase to about $83.0 billion in 2014-15. With the increase in infrastructure investment, demand for smoke detectors is expected to increase.
Future growth prospect in the smoke detector market
many multinational companies have started investing in developing markets. Some of the major companies operating in the global smoke detector market are NEC Corporation, Honeywell, Siemens, Hochiki America, Tyco, UTC, Johnson Controls and Hitachi.