- The global pressure sensitive labels market is expected to garner exponential gains by 2023, registering a steady CAGR throughout the forecast period 2021.
- There are three main types of pressure-sensitive tapes, such as single-sided tape, double-sided tape, and transfer type.
- Pressure-Sensitive Labels Market has been segmented into four key dynamics: By Compositions, By Technology, By Application and By Regions.
The usage of pressure-sensitive labels is the culmination of the acknowledgment of the role played by labels in the sale and attractiveness of products in today’s competitive market space. Pressure-sensitive labels are regarded as a favorite of best-dressed products, as well as some other flashy options.
Labels capture interest and stimulate consumer buying decisions while conveying product-line, brand, instructions, and other relevant data. In addition to these conventional functions, labels are progressively establishing themselves as a part of key anti-counterfeiting and tracking strategies.
Why Pressure Sensitive Labels?
Among the popular labeling methods, the pressure-sensitive labels cover a huge range of properties that are vital for good packaging design. The use of pressure-sensitive labels has gained popularity due to their properties such as self-adhesiveness and compatibility with virtually any container shape, material, or product type. Due to these properties their core competencies allow for low entry quantity and easy label application.
Pressure-sensitive labels as compared to other forms are classically the least pricey packaging component and are cost-effective, in addition to their suitability to a broad spectrum of applications. The use of pressure-sensitive labels in applications of food, wine, and spirits, beverage, household chemicals, and automobiles are boosting their market growth around the world.
- Buy Research Report: Global Osseointegration Implants Market Size Valued at US$ 5,672.3 Million in 2017
- Buy Research Report: Global Oncology Drugs Market Estimated to Reached US$ 77.3 Billion in 2018
- I Will Remove Background of Your Picture (for Amazon, Ebay Ads Listing)
- Buy Research Report: Skin Care Products Market Analysis
- Buy Research Report: Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Market to Witness a CAGR of 6.2% Over the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
The Forms Of Pressure Sensitive Labels
There are three main types of pressure-sensitive tapes, such as single-sided tape, double-sided tape, and transfer type.
- Single-Sided Tape: The backing of single-sided tapes, comprises of an assortment of flat web-based materials, such as foil, fabrics, film, paper, or foam. In many cases, the backing is given a release coating to allow steady unwinding forces or a primer to make sure that the adhesive sticks to the right side of the backing.
- Double-Sided Tape: The reverse side in double-sided tapes is coated with a pressure-sensitive adhesive on both sides. The backing ingredients can be similar to any of those that are used for single-sided tapes. A release liner is used to avoid the adhesives from attaching to themselves. The release liner is usually a filmic material or silicone-coated paper.
- Transfer Tape: A specialty product by definition it does not hide a backing material. The pressure-sensitive adhesive is covered onto the release liner and coiled onto a roll. A release liner is at all times part of the transfer tape assembly.
The Usage Stats
As a matter usage data, PSLs comprises of more than 80 percent of all labels available in the market today. Since pressure-sensitive labels are comparable to an advanced sticker. They use film, paper, and foil as their key label materials and can be used with a wide range of inks. Also, as they don’t require a high heat temperature, solvent or water to activate, it only requires moderate to light pressure to apply them to a product surface. They are manufactured on rolls to be peeled off and pressed onto a product by means of a machine or hand-applied technique.
The use of unique, attention-grabbing labels is considered an investment that can reap high returns for any product. Labels have the core function of driving sales while establishing a strong connection with customers. The labels when chosen should provide a substantial return on packaging investment. The factors such as the enhancement of product’s visual appeal and the creation of a recognizable brand element are defining the development of the pressure-sensitive labels market globally. Moreover, labels are also essential in making a strong first impression with the customer base. The sales support function of pressure-sensitive labels is further increasing their use in a wide range of products.
Pressure-sensitive adhesives (PSA) tapes’ several applications with novel uses being revealed almost every day. The pressure-sensitive tape market will carry on their growth due to developments in tapes for graphics adhesive technology, effortlessness in use, and its minimal cost as compared to conventional fastening systems.