- Global Water Purifier market has been segmented into gravity purifiers, RO purifiers, UV purifiers, sediment filter, water softener, and others.
- Water Purifier market has been segregated based on the distribution channel, which mainly consists of retail stores, direct sales and online.
- Some of the water purifier companies include LG Electronics, Inc., Unilever Plc, Panasonic Corporation, Kinetico Incorporated, Aquatech International LLC, General Electric (GE) Appliances Inc, A.O. Smith Corporation, Whirlpool Corporation, Eureka Forbes Limited, Pentair Plc, Kaz USA, Inc.
The typically supplied tap water possesses different health-affecting elements, such as chlorine, lead, fluorine compounds, pesticides and mercury, along with various pathogens. Their presence can lead to numerous diseases such as cholera, typhoid, polio, dysentery and diarrhea.
The rising prevalence of these ailments has led to the requirement for optimum water purification solutions. Water purifiers are devices that eliminate undesired chemical compounds, biological contaminants, and organic and inorganic materials from tap water. Other than this, they also perform distillation and deionization to ensure the absolute removal of impurities.
Some of the water purifier companies include LG Electronics, Inc., Unilever Plc, Panasonic Corporation, Kinetico Incorporated, Aquatech International LLC, General Electric (GE) Appliances Inc, A.O. Smith Corporation, Whirlpool Corporation, Eureka Forbes Limited, Pentair Plc, Kaz USA, Inc., Mitsubishi Chemical Cleansui Corporation., Kent RO Systems Ltd., Tata Chemicals Ltd., Philips Electronics NV, EcoWater Systems LLC., 3M Company, and Ion Exchange (I) Ltd.
Being one of the basic human necessities, water purification has always been an integral part of civilization. Mechanical purifiers, however, came into existence in the 19th century when the first municipal water treatment plant was installed in Paisley, Scotland. To improve the design of these systems, US-based scientists invented the rapid sand filter in the late-19th Century.
- Buy Research Report: UK In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Market size Surge at a Robust Pace in Terms of Revenue over COVID-19 2026
- Buy Research Report: Combine Harvesters Market to Ride Wave of Profitability on Back of its Versatile Operations
- Buy Research Report: CMP Slurry Market to Grow Two-fold, as Novel CMP Slurries Expand Revenue Pool of Manufacturers
- Buy Research Report: Soil Compaction Machines to Witness Heightened Demand, Underpinned by Array of Infrastructural Initiatives by Government
- Buy Research Report: Luxury Eyewear Sales to Surpass US$ 50 Bn Mark by 2027; Eyeglasses Hold over 60% Market Share
The beginning of the 20th Century witnessed the emergence of environmental concerns in the US during the 1960s and 1970s, which led to the implementation of the Clean Water Act of 1972. It sparked a renewed interest in the advancement and adoption of water purifiers across the globe. Nowadays, with the advent of numerous advanced technologies, manufacturers are introducing different variants of these appliances in the market, such as reverse osmosis (RO), UF and UV purification, photocatalytic purification and multi-stage purifiers.
Owing to the large-scale availability of these products, the global water purifier market size reached US$ 33.3 Billion in 2018. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the water purifier market to exhibit strong growth at a CAGR of around 9% during 2019-2024, reaching a value of US$ 54.9 Billion by 2024.
Initiatives and Innovations in Support of Clean Water Supply
At present, several trends are acting in favor of market growth. These drivers include increasing awareness amongst consumers regarding the harmful effects of consuming regular tap water. Thus, in order to promote high-quality water purifiers, various companies, along with non-profit and governmental organizations, have been taking initiatives and introducing innovative methods of water purification:
- A US-based non-profit organization, The Water Project, has been working for several years to provide expertise, training and financial support for the construction of various water projects in sub-Saharan Africa. This has created a significant demand for efficient water purifiers in the region.
- In 2018, an Africa-based luxury travel operator, Sanctuary Retreats Philanthropy (SKP), participated in the Safe Water for Schools initiative in Maasai Mara, Africa. It provided the LifeStraw community filter to nearly eleven Maasai schools. The community filter is a high-quality, efficient water purifier, which has been designed with hollow fiber purification technology to deliver safe drinking water.
- Other than the campaigns mentioned above, the market is being driven by increasing investments in R&D activities by market players for designing novel desalination and water purification technologies. By 2020, purifiers embedded with these technologies are said to play a significant role in the safe, affordable, sustainable and adequate supply of water in rural areas across the globe.
Major Segments in the Market:
- On the basis of the technology type, the market has been segmented into gravity purifiers, RO purifiers, UV purifiers, sediment filter, water softener, and others.
- The market has been segregated based on the distribution channel, which mainly consists of retail stores, direct sales and online.
- The report has analyzed the market according to the end user that includes the industrial, commercial and household sectors.
- On the geographical front, the market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined in the report, which features various prominent players currently operating across the globe.