In our first article we explained why Amazon, lead by Jeff Bezos, has or soon will pass Bernie Madoff as the largest beneficiary of the biggest dollar scam in history. We also reviewed how brazen the fake review market is for companies on the Amazon platform (we have not seen any fake reviews offered on Ebay or Walmart), and we highlighted four fake review farms. If you found it shocking that fake review providers are shamelessly and publicly selling their wares through websites, advertising, Twitter and on videos– then the next 11 companies we’re going to spotlight (bringing the total to 15) should prove how widespread this scam is. Remember Amazon and our government bragged about taking down a single fake review ring in 2016 that resulted in the shutdown of three merchants.
“Greed is Good!”–from the movie Wall Street (1987)
More than 2,000 years ago the wise and famous scholar Hillel wrote “If I am not for myself who will be for me. If I am only for myself, what am I?”
Recently there have been people and corporations in the news who have been only for themselves with no regard for the damage their greed has done to others. This list includes schemers like Bernie Madoff, many bankers, unscrupulous insurance companies, dictators, and politicians whose only goal is to accumulate vast amounts of money. For these groups of people it is no longer about being more secure or supporting their families. It’s about unlimited accumulation.
Enclosed is a list of what Communal News considers the recent largest white collar ripoffs starting from around the year 2000.
1. Bernard Madoff – Bernard L. Madoff Investments – NASDAQ’s chairman in 1990, 1991 and 1993. – US Largest fraud over $50 billion dollar Ponzi scheme.
2. Kenneth Lay – Enron – Co-chairman of Bush’s 1992 re-election committee. – Went from running America’s most admired company to guilty of fraud.
3. Allen Stanford – Stanford Financial Group – Knighted with the title “Sir Allen.” – 2nd-largest Ponzi scheme in U.S. history.
4. Bernard Ebbers – WorldCom – “Telecom Cowboy” – Nation’s largest accounting fraud.
5. Jon Corzine – MF Global – Elected Senator & Governor of New Jersey; Member of the Senate Banking Committee. – Bankrupting MF Global two years after losing his New Jersey Governorship.