“I’m ready to sign this damn thing.” That’s what California Governor Gavin Newsom told a crowd gathered at a ceremony Monday in Sacramento. In so doing, California adopted one of the toughest laws in the country governing the use of force by police officers. The change, from “objectively reasonable” to “necessary,” amends a standard in California policing dating to 1872, which has often been used to justify officer-involved shootings, and frustrated community activists. Newsom also said he hopes the law, which will take effect in January, becomes a model for other states. “As California goes, so goes the rest of the United States of America.”
In an incredible twist on the Jeffrey Epstein mystery, the host of a YouTube channel predicted his death one week before it actually happened. In the video, it was speculated that Epstein would be murdered in jail and the crime would be covered up to look like a suicide.
Shaun Attwood, a former wealthy UK financier who got tangled up in the Arizona drug culture of the 1990’s, hosts a demonitized YouTube channel which has still managed to attract more than 200,000 subscribers and totals more than 40 million views.
Whether we live in poor areas or more affluent environments, we are all affected by the crime around us and the fear it engenders in all of us. Long ago people viewed crime in a more simplistic way. There were good people and bad people and the bad people needed to be punished and crime would then disappear. That has not happened. When criminals are punished they do not ordinarily stop being criminals.
At some point, most drivers get pulled over by the cops. How they react can be the difference between getting home in time for the evening news and being the lead story. Most of the time, the encounters end with the driver going away with just a ticket, Or, better yet, a warning. But, sometimes, things can go much worse. Here is a list of things you should do if you’re ever pulled over by police. Unless you’re like, a serial killer or something…
A brutal series of stabbings and robberies in Southern California left at least four people dead and two seriously wounded on Wednesday afternoon, authorities said. The blood-curdling incident occurred in southeast Los Angeles. According to police, robbery, anger and hatred seem to be the motivations of the suspect, who stole in several places and attacked people randomly.
The Supreme Court struck down a lower court ruling 5-4 against President Trump declaration of an emergency on the border of Mexico. The ruling clears the way for Trump to redirect $2.5 billion from the Pentagon to build his long promised border wall. President Trump has faced opposition from Nancy Pelosi and Charles Schumer who have called the building of the wall a bluff and not a true solution at all. They claim that making the wall will not even dent crime in America.
Lindsey Graham Senator of South Carolina should be praised for his efforts to institute new legislation for limiting abortion to the fifth month. In 1973 the Supreme Court issued a decision to decriminalize abortion. Since then, March for Life has been working to end abortion by uniting, educating, and mobilizing pro-life people in the public square.
The global home security systems market is expected to witness a growth of 8.3% CAGR during the forecast period from 2018 to 2026, according to a new market report published by Credence Research, Inc., “Global Home Security Systems Market – Growth, Future Prospects and Competitive Landscape, 2018 – 2026.”
The global home security systems market is expected to witness a notable growth, growing at a CAGR of 8.3% during the forecast period from 2018 to 2026. Security has been a major concern in every home all over the world to keep the appliances and valuables safe & secure. Increase in crime rates have led to the higher adoption of enhanced safety and security systems, thereby driving the growth prospects of the home security systems market. Rising advancements in smartphone technology and remote monitoring coupled with growing demand for smart homes is another major factor facilitating the market growth worldwide.
The global home security systems market, based on system type was led by the video surveillance systems in 2017 and is likely to continue its lead throughout the forecast period from 2018 to 2026. The growth of this segment is primarily backed by the rising need for home security solutions. Based on end-user, independent homes accounted for largest market share in the global home security systems market. Increasing safety and security concerns among the independent homeowners is enhancing the demand for home security systems.
- Polling shows right-wing Jair Bolsonaro leading left-wing Fernando Haddad by double digits, 56-44. Haddad is making a last-ditch effort to win over Brazilians who in previous elections cast ballots for former President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva.
- Crime is a major factor for voters. Last year, there were a record 63,880 murders in Brazil, and Bolsonaro supporters say violence has got out of hand. Mr. Bolsonaro wants to liberalise gun laws, reduce the age of criminal responsibility to 16 and give more powers to the police to shoot criminals.
- Bolsonaro’s surprised his supporters in the powerful agribusiness lobby Thursday when he said he was not set on leaving the Paris climate accord if elected, going back on a prior pledge.
- Brazil accounts for about 85 percent of the world’s supply of Niobium (in high demand by automakers, aerospace companies) and Bolsonaro is not happy about China purchasing a small mine two years ago — indicating he may block foreign purchases of assets in the future.
- Bolsonaro is expected to close Brazilian embassies in Africa and cutback on scholarships for African students. At home he’s expected to put further restrictions on immigration and to withdraw into national priorities.
- OPINION: The people of Brazil are rejecting a corrupt socialism that has ruined the nation’s economy.
- OPINION: Latin America’s latest menace.