Tesla has ignored a shutdown order by Fremont, California local authorities and reopened its facility in the county. A spokesperson for Alameda County said on Tuesday that health authorities were reviewing Tesla’s reopening safety guidelines. Tesla’s factory is situated in Alameda County.
On May 9, Tesla CEO Elon Musk decried coronavirus lockdown measures that halted operations at his company’s main factory. Now, the billionaire has threatened to shift Tesla operations out of the state of California, to Texas or Nevada, where coronavirus lockdown bylaws are friendlier.
Johnny Depp’s lawsuit against ex Amber Heard will be delayed until August 2020. This is after he failed to provide important alcohol consumption and drug usage records as ordered by the court. He is suing her for $50 million for attempting to smear his name after she wrote an article for the Washington Post talking about her experience as a victim of domestic violence. She inferred that the actor was the perpetrator while failing to name him explicitly.
Now that Telsa’s Model 3 is having significant problems, both in production and in order rates, you would think the company led by Elon Musk would focus like a laser to get productivity and orders flowing for their products and snafus corrected. These issues are in the headlines almost daily and the stock is falling. But how can Elon focus on these problems when Musk is juggling so many other balls, with Tesla being only one of many major issues in his life?
- Amazon to Walmart: U.S. retail giants woke up Thursday to yet another challenge from Amazon.com. Chief Executive Officer Jeff Bezos, this time with a call to match his company’s recent increase to a minimum wage of $15 per hour. “Do it! Better yet, go to $16 and throw the gauntlet back at us…It’s a kind of competition that will benefit everyone.”
- The Eerie Similarities Between Billionaire Howard Hughes And Elon Musk. Hughes a celebrity dated Jane Russell and Katherine Hepburn and married actress Jean Peters. Likewise, Musk married British actress Talulah Riley following his divorce from author Justine (Wilson) Musk. He’s also dated actress Amber Heard and had a brief but sensational, relationship with indie singer Grimes.
- Even at the best of times, Tesla operations have seemed like loosely organized chaos, the company’s rapid-fire price changes for its vehicles and its hastily announced — and subsequently reversed — decision to close most of its stores are signs of a business that has been stressed to the breaking point.
- Elon Musk said Tesla would not be profitable in the first quarter of 2019 and disclosed that Tesla is closing most of its brick-and-mortar stores. Musk added that he expected Tesla to be profitable in the second quarter.
This week, Durig Capital reviews a bond from an issuer that was snapped up a few years ago by one of the most enigmatic figures in corporate America. In late 2016, SolarCity was acquired by Elon Musk’s company, Tesla. The acquisition made sense- combine the maker of electric cars and energy storage with a company that produces solar panels that produce energy (seemingly to ultimately charge Tesla’s vehicles). Tesla has since integrated SolarCity’s products into the Tesla portfolio. Tesla’s most recent reported quarter (Q3 2018) was truly historical.
Free cash flow of $881 million.
Operating income of $417 million
Cash flow from operations of $1.4 billion.
Interest coverage in Q3 of 2.4x.
- Global Artificial Intelligence Market to Exhibit 36.10% CAGR. Huge leaps of progress that robotics is making nowadays is a crucial turning point from a developmental perspective in the artificial intelligence market worldwide with a reduction of operational cost.
- Healthcare Artificial Intelligence startups have raised $4.3 billion across 576 funding rounds in the last five years – more than any other sector. AI has the potential to serve as a natural partner for medical researchers and professionals who spend careers combing through records to uncover trends and anomalies.
- Artificial Intelligence predicts Alzheimer’s years before diagnosis. The algorithm achieved 100 percent sensitivity at detecting the disease an average of more than six years prior to the final diagnosis.
- In the future AI may ultimately create more jobs than it displaces. By offering new tools for entrepreneurs, it may also create new lines of business that we can’t imagine now.
- Elon Musk called AI humanity’s “biggest existential threat” and compared it to “summoning the demon…As AI gets probably much smarter than humans, the relative intelligence ratio is probably similar to that between a person and a cat, maybe bigger.”
- Previous: Elon Musk & Telsa’s Future: Turbo Charged or a Car Wreck ?
- Elon Musk: a visionary leader, or a liability for Tesla’s legacy, continues to face a challenge familiar to all companies dominated by a larger-than-life founder: protecting its legacy.
- Some see parallels between Tesla and Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., saying the electric-vehicle maker’s troubles resemble those of the bank’s before it failed.
- People are begging Elon Musk to consider how his social-media antics continue to drag Tesla stock — and, in some cases, reportedly cost them their hard-earned money.
- Tesla delivered an outstanding record of 83,500 vehicles in Q3. A sign of strong fundamentals? Or a last hurrah?
- REVIEW: The Model 3 can blast to 60 mph in five seconds, it can drive itself under some conditions, and it has a five-star safety rating from the government. “The Model 3 isn’t just my new favorite Tesla — it’s my new favorite car.“