A new report by the European Union’s external audit agency stated that Brussels failed to restrain the suppression of competitors by large technology companies (such as Google and Facebook) due to its slow actions and lack of legal power. Ten years ago, Brussels launched the first antitrust investigation into Google’s online shopping comparison service.
After a stalemate for more than two weeks, Twitter said on Friday that in view of the policy change, it had unblocked the Twitter account of the daily newspaper “New York Post”. Earlier, after the newspaper published an unconfirmed report about Hunter Biden, Twitter blocked the newspaper’s Twitter account.
Google subsidiary Loon LLC, which provides Internet access in remote and rural areas, has set a new record for the longest balloon flight in the stratosphere. According to the company website, it uses high-altitude balloons in the stratosphere at an altitude of 18 km to 25 km to create an aerial wireless network with up to 1 Mbps speeds.
President Trump has accomplished more in his three and a half years in office than any former president. However you wouldn’t know it by reading or watching the lying, extreme biased media. Some of President Trump’s outstanding achievements:
- Just out, 33.1% GDP in our 3rd quarter, the highest GDP ever recorded!
- The most Americans ever employed in the history of our country.
- The lowest Black, Latino, Asians, and women unemployment ever recorded.
- Rebuilding our depleted military.
- Turning around the Veterans Administration’s deadly delays in seeing a doctor.
- Holding NATO members responsible to pay their back membership dues.
- Building a wall at our Mexican border to stop drug traffic, sex traffic and illegal aliens from entering our country.
- Negotiating fair and receptacle trade agreements with China, Canada and the European Union.
- Holding China reciprocal for the COVID- 19 virus that began in China and could have been contained there.
- Moving Israel’s capital to Jerusalem and acknowledging the Golden Heights as part of Israel.
- The peace deal with Israel involving Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Bahrain which could lead to a lasting peace in the Mid-East and many additional countries to follow.
- President Trump has been nominated for three different Nobel Peace Prizes.
US technology stocks exploded, helping the Nasdaq become the only rising stock index among the three major US stock indexes. The US’ large technology stock portfolio FAANG (Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Google) collectively rose intraday to a market value of total new 940.68 Yi dollars.
According to reports, the US Department of Justice filed its long-awaited antitrust lawsuit against Google, and it could take a judge to spin the market-value of the search and advertisement giant worth $1 trillion. The big economies worldwide seem to be starting to take steps against Google, and the United States alone is not the problem.
Many Democrats, not only believe their party has moved too far left, but it has become the party of big business and the extremely wealthy. Although President Trump is a billionaire, he is able to identify with average working Americans. The hypocritical, biased media has worked hard to continue this myth. All of the corrupt biased media companies are run by Trump hating Democratic millionaires:
Anyone can be a creator of short videos and take center stage. In short videos, content is short and smart and fits comfortably in the fast paced life. Data shows that online advertising revenue of short-video platforms grew by 43% in 2019, compared to the average annual growth of 18% across platforms. Short videos rule the roost.
The headlines read loud and clear, “Trump says he’ll ‘bring fairness’ to Big Tech via an executive order if Congress doesn’t take action.” But can an Executive Order really bring a sudden change? Can it deter people from browsing Google, from buying Apple products, from ordering groceries, books etc from Amazon, or stop using Facebook, Whatsup or Instagram?
This week, YouTube blocked Russia’s Tsargrad TV channel on its platform. There is no official explanation given for the removal of the channel. The channel is for the religious audience in Russia, and the only Russians who watch that channel are super-religious. Hence, blocking that channel is very odd.
Over the past few years Americans have been hearing about possibly having to pay for slavery reparations to the descendants of slaves that have long since passed. Recently to the tune of 6.2 quadrillion dollars. This article will show why said reparations will be widely voted against.
The Palestinian Authority announced it will attempt to sue American technology companies Google and Apple “over the removal of Palestine from the world map.” The Palestinians also accused the two companies of bias towards Israel after missing any reference to their country in the products of the two companies.
Ballon Internet technology, from Google’s sister company Loon, was launched officially in Kenya, and will provide internet service in rural areas. The technology will offer 4G telephone services to enable people to regularly make telephone or video calls and connect to social networks.
After the entry into force of the controversial National Security Act, the leading US technology company, Microsoft, and the recently popular video software, Zoom, joined the ranks of other technology companies in refusing to cooperate with Hong Kong. Specifically, they would temporarily not comply with the government’s requests for personal data.
This week Google released a unique library of programs called TensorFlow Quantum (TFQ). It complements the well-known TensorFlow tool designed to work with artificial intelligence on classic computers. The purpose of the library is to work with quantum neural networks. It can be used both on real quantum computers and on their simulations. It is open source and free.
Read about how the financial services industry is not just being shaken up with cosmetic changes, but is about to go through the process of being stripped down and rebuilt. We also feature an interview with a former Google tech lead about how his new company, which already has Lloyds Banking Group as a customer, is approaching legacy replacement at banks. Could it be the nearest thing to banking on Google available today?
Digital intelligence platforms are used to obtain real time business insights. They provide competitive differentiation and increase customer retention activity. Digital intelligence platforms make use of data management tools, collecting, storing, and managing consumers’ digital data, used for analyzing customer behavior to identify their holistic behavior.
At a conference of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) in Paris, more than 130 countries reached an important agreement, to develop, by the end of 2020, new tax rules for Internet companies, the so-called “digital tax.” This is considered one of the main problems in the modern economy, because American Internet companies receive multibillion-dollar revenues in the European market, paying almost nothing to the local treasury.
The Google Play Store has blocked Bitcoin Blast, a gaming app that allows users to convert points to Bitcoin (BTC). The search giant has yet to provide specific reasons for the removal. The latest move is just one in a long line of Google censorship actions against the cryptocurrency industry.
The global Chatbot market is valued at $435.2 Million in 2018 and expected to reach $2306.3 Million by 2025 with the CAGR of 26.9% over the forecast period. Growing popularity of online messaging applications is the key factor contributing to the growth of the global Chatbot market.
It has been announced that starting on March 1, 2020, new Android smartphones in the European Economic Zone will have a choice of using the Russian Yandex search engine. Yandex Search is a web search engine owned by a Russian corporation. It is the core product of Yandex. In January 2015, Yandex Search generated 51.2% of all search traffic in Russia according to LiveInternet. The search engine will be offered in Estonia, Finland Latvia, Lithuania and Poland.
Infoholic’s market research report predicts that the global route optimization software market will grow at a CAGR of around 15% during the forecast period. Route optimization software analyzes traffic changes in real-time and can automatically plan the best route in advance for any vehicle.
Government support for digital transformation is one of the prime factors for the significant growth of payment platforms. The Global Payment as a Service Market was valued at $4.27 billion in 2019 and is estimated to reach $14.37 Billion by 2024 growing at a CAGR of 23.20% during the forecast period 2019–2024.
A hacker has published dozens of apps bundled with adware on Google Play Store that have been downloaded over 8 million times. This is according to a recent research report published by ESET.
The security firm has so far identified 42 apps that have been running undetected for over a year now. Twenty-one had been previously reported and removed by Google, but are still available via third-party app download sites.
Here at Google, we spend a lot of time looking at data and anticipating what will happen next. When it comes to the future of business, we get some of our best ideas by looking at new information technologies and thinking about their effects. Cloud computing has long powered Google and is increasingly an integral part of most organizations’ technology stacks.
The global building automation system market grew 7% in 2018 to total ~ $35 billion, registering an upward spiral from ~ $33 billion in 2017, according to the new research study by Future Market Insights (FMI). Schneider Electric SE, ABB, Siemens AG, Johnson Controls Inc., and Honeywell International Inc. remain the top 5 players in the building automation market, commanding nearly 40% of the global market share.
China’s communications equipment giant Huawei plans to release its new flagship phone in Munich, Germany this month. However, due to the US government’s sanctions, the new mobile phone will only be equipped with an open-source Android operating system, without pre-installing Google’s supporting applications. This will greatly affect the experience of users in China’s overseas markets.
Huawei will announce its new mobile phone Mate 30 series in Munich, Germany on September 18. Reuters quoted a Google spokesperson saying that due to the US sales ban on Huawei, Huawei Mate 30 will not be able to ship authorized Google apps and services.
US President Donald Trump accused his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron over the digital service tax, hinting that he would impose a tax on French wine in the United States in return. Trump expressed displeasure from his Twitter account Friday over French plans to tax multinational technology companies such as Google. The French authorities have justified this tax because such companies pay little or no taxes at all in the countries where they operate.
After a good deal of anticipation, the U.S. Department of Justice announced Tuesday it was opening a broad and sweeping antitrust review of some of Big Tech’s biggest firms. While the department didn’t mention any names, the Wall Street Journal reported it was acting on “new Washington threats” from Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google. It is the boldest action yet against the Silicon Valley giants, and comes off the heels of a rocky week on Capitol Hill. The announcement is sure to attract praise from the likes of both Sens. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)— for different reasons.
Founder Ren Zhengfei claimed Huawei’s revenue will be $30 billion less than they had forecast over the next two years. His quote compared the largest Chinese telecom giant to a “badly damaged plane” as a result of US government sanctions, bans and actions against them. For instance, just recently Facebook banned Huawei from preloading its apps.
Tech giant Google suspended all business requiring the transfer of hardware, software, and technical services with Chinese firm Huawei, Reuters reported on Sunday. New Huawei smartphones will lose access to popular Google apps, like YouTube and Maps, as well as security updates. Those publicly available, via open source licensing, would not appear to be affected. The move comes days after the Trump administration blacklisted Huawei, prohibiting American firms from trading with the company without a license.
Google Alphabet had over $77 billion in market capitalization vanish and they are blaming YouTube.
A Bloomberg report showed that for years YouTube and Google/YouTube staff looked the other way as workers had knowledge that misinformation and meanness on the YouTube website was growing over time. It’s being reported that Google new of these trends and employees were told not to rock the boat.
- The combination of IBM and Red Hat, it’s a game changer. IBM will be the undisputed No. 1 leader in hybrid cloud tech.
- Microsoft just leapfrogged Amazon with $8.5-billion in cloud revenue last quarter, opening a decisive lead over Amazon as the world’s leading enterprise cloud provider for the past 12 months.
- AWS retains its title as the world’s biggest cloud provider, but the position is not going unchallenged by the likes Microsoft and Google third quarter market analysis shows.
- IBM with it’s biggest software acquisition ever, could potentially be the new sheriff in town. With this elevated profile in the cloud landscape, IBM now offers a more compelling alternative to Amazon (AMZN), Microsoft (MSFT) , and Alphabet (GOOGL).
- Dark clouds are on the horizon for Google: An outage at YouTube highlights the unknown technical risks faced by cloud providers like Google. Investors know clouds are economically efficient, and large companies that can afford cloud infrastructure now dominate the global economy.
- OPINION: The true lesson of IBM’s move for Red Hat: Open-source has truly arrived. After years of wondering whether companies could make money on freely available software, hybrid-cloud infrastructure has solidified open-source’s role in tech.
Stocks of Facebook (FB) Google Alphabet (GOOGL) and Twitter (TWTR) are mentioned.
- CEO claiming employee advocacy and social selling are key marketing channels. Reason why you’ve been hearing so much about employee advocacy programs recently.
- How social media became a weapon of war. There is still a kind of denialism at these tech companies because they control the platforms that literally set the rules of the new game.
- Corporation functions as a trustee, it also has certain affirmative duties to its shareholders. The most important of these duties is to act impartially with respect to the interests of its multiple owners. To act in good faith and basic fairness with respect to conflicting interests among its shareholders.
- By controlling the attention of over 2 billion people, Mark Zuckerberg is tearing up the fabric of society and destroying democracy.
- Twitter has been slapped with a lawsuit by a conservative journalist who says he’s been unfairly banned from the social-media platform due to his political viewpoints.
- Zuckerberg and his colleagues automated system could also be used by politically motivated customers to direct political or ideological messages at Facebook users. This was precisely what had happened during the presidential election.
- Trump accused Google of manipulating search results to show negative stories about him. A week later, congressional lawmakers rebuked the company for failing to send one of its top executives to testify at a hearing alongside Facebook and Twitter.
- Related Nike/Kaepernick Social Strategy