Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has warned about the unfolding US–Iranian nuclear-talk developments. According to a statement issued by the Prime Minister, Israel remains committed to deterring Iran from having nuclear weapons. This is despite talks with the US.
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has implored the Joe Biden administration to get back to the Iran nuclear deal that was signed by the Obama administration in 2015. Under the agreement, Iran would adhere to uranium enrichment restrictions in exchange for a sanctions reprieve.
Iran has asked the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to stop publishing discordant statements related to its nuclear program. The asseveration comes just a day after the IAEA issued a disclosure indicating that Iran was working to start processing uranium metal. The following is an excerpt from the statement made by Iran’s nuclear department:
It would be a “mistake” to return to normalcy with Iran,” Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told a joint news conference with US National Security Adviser, Robert O’Brien on Sunday. Prime Minister Netanyahu spoke of Israel’s resistance to the usual approaches of the past regarding the international nuclear dispute with Iran.
Kazem Gharib Abadi, Iran’s Ambassador to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), strongly criticized the release of a confidential report by the organization on Iran’s plan to install three new cascades of centrifuges in Natanz. The IAEA provided the information to the member nations pertaining to Iran’s decision to install the advanced IR-2M centrifuges.
Two months before the end of his term in office, U.S. President Donald Trump has been investigating an attack on an Iranian nuclear facility. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu also spoke about this issue after the publication of the results related to the US presidential election.
Satellite images showing increased activity at Iran’s Natanz nuclear facility have emerged as the nation faces rising criticism about its nuclear program, particularly from the United States and Israel. The photos from Planet Labs, a San Francisco-based imaging firm, show that a new road leading to the facility has also been built.
As of Sunday, all restrictions on the transfer of weapons, related activities and financial services have been lifted. “Automatically cease to operate” and all bans on entry into the country, as well as on transit through the territories of UN member States, which were previously imposed against a number of Iranian citizens and military officials, said Iranian Foreign Ministry.
Iran has announced that it is building a new facility in the mountains located close to the Natanz nuclear site. According to the government statement, it will be a much bigger complex than Natanz and will be used in the production of nuclear centrifuges. A segment of the Natanz facility was destroyed in July following a suspected sabotage attempt.
Inspections by the International Atomic Energy Agency have revealed that Iran has stockpiled over 10 times the maximum amount of enriched uranium allowed under the Iran nuclear deal. The latest revelation underlines the consequences of the nuclear talks’ breakdown after the Trump administration walked away from the pact in 2018.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has reiterated his readiness to establish direct contact between US officials and the Islamic Republic of Iran. Direct negotiations between the two countries could be an important step in reaching an agreement. However, experts remain skeptical.
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo presented to the United Nations Security Council Washington’s request to bring back all international sanctions against Iran. The United States claims that the Islamic Republic has violated its obligations under the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT).
Washington is seeking to re-impose sanctions on the Islamic Republic of Iran. President Donald Trump has announced that the United States intends to activate a “trigger mechanism” at the United Nations to reinstate all sanctions related to Iran’s nuclear program. “It’s a snapback,” Trump said on Wednesday.
The Iranian Foreign Ministry issued a statement on the occasion of the fifth anniversary of the signing of the Iran Nuclear Deal. The statement added that the JCPOA was “currently in serious danger,” and stressed that the international agreement would be scrapped if the international community did not act to protect it.
July 14 is the fifth anniversary of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), commonly known as the Iran Nuclear Deal. The Iranian Foreign Ministry issued a statement in this regard, examining the long process of reaching a nuclear deal in 2015. The United States withdrew in 2018.
Abbas Araghchi, the Deputy Foreign Minister of the Islamic Republic of Iran, warned at a meeting of senior officials on Monday that any move that “identifies Iran in the international arena as a threat is a game on American soil.” Araqchi reiterated, “we should not allow the United States to introduce Iran as a security threat once again.”
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, addressing representatives of countries participating in a virtual session of the UN Security Council, said that countries from Israel to the Arab states of the Persian Gulf, all “unanimously” want to extend and expand Iran’s arms embargo.
In an interview with the Associated Press on Sunday, Brian Hook, the US State Department’s special envoy for Iran, stressed the importance of extending the UN’s arms embargo on Iran. He said the world should not care about Iran’s threats to retaliate if the embargo is extended.
News reports quoted diplomatic sources as saying that the United States had submitted a draft resolution to the UN Security Council calling for a continued unrestricted arms embargo on Iran. Iran’s arms embargo, under the IAEA Board, continues until October of this year.
Russia announced its intent in ensuring a comprehensive plan for Iran’s nuclear program. According to the Russian Foreign Minister, Sergey Lavrov, the plan will be implanted with the cooperation of the EU. The talks pertaining to Iran nuclear program took place on Tuesday between Lavrov and the EU representative, Josep Borrell.
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has announced that the Trump administration is going to extend Iran’s weapons embargo. The ban was set to expire in October, as outlined in the Iranian nuclear deal. The unprecedented move has provoked its European allies, who have pointed out that the United States withdrew from the agreement in 2018 on its own accord.
The European Union’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Josep Borrell, met his counterpart, Mohammad Javad Zarif on Tuesday in Tehran. Borrell also met with the Speaker of the Parliament of Iran, Ali Larijani, and President Hassan Rouhani. In a meeting with the EU foreign policy coordinator, the Iranian president emphasized his country’s “full adherence” to its commitments in JCPOA and criticized “non-compliance” by other parties to the treaty.
The killing of General Qassem Soleimani by the United States escalated its conflict with Iran to crisis level. Of course, U.S. President Donald Trump has, on numerous occasions, openly declared that his main objective is to put maximum pressure on Iran so as to force it to redact its nuclear program ambitions.
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Sunday night that he was open to negotiating a new nuclear deal with Iran, but the first step depends on the Iranian regime. His only conditions, as he made clear, are “no nuclear weapons and don’t kill protesters.” Trump tweeted, “National Security Adviser suggested today that sanctions & protests have Iran ‘choked off,’ will force them to negotiate. Actually, I couldn’t care less if they negotiate. Will be totally up to them but, no nuclear weapons and ‘don’t kill your protesters.”
Iran announced, through its national television station Sunday, that it would no longer comply with any restrictions under the 2015 Nuclear Agreement (JCPOA). Although Tehran will continue to cooperate with the United Nations’ nuclear oversight agency, the (IAEA), it will no longer fully comply with the restrictions of the nuclear agreement, with the intervention of France, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
In rеѕроnѕе tо a ѕtаtеmеnt bу thе Eurореаn Unіоn, urging Iran to stick to their commitments under the Iran Nuclear Deal, Iran’s Foreign Minister ассuѕеd France, Britain, and Germany оf fаіlіng tо соmрlу wіth their оblіgаtіоnѕ. Mоhаmmаd Jаvаd Zаrіf ассuѕеd them оf “kіllіng tіmе,” аnd оf fаіlіng tо meet thеіr оblіgаtіоnѕ undеr thе ѕо-саllеd nuсlеаr dеаl.
An Intеrnаtіоnаl Atоmіс Energy Agency (IAEA) іnѕресtоr wаѕ brіеflу detained аt thе Nаtаnz Enrісhmеnt Center Wednesday. According to tо nеwѕ sources, hіѕ travel dосumеntѕ hаvе аlѕо been соnfіѕсаtеd. Infоrmеd sources, whо did not wаnt tо bе nаmеd, dеѕсrіbеd thе mоvе аѕ “kіnd оf hаrаѕѕmеnt.”
The Atоmіс Enеrgу Organization of Iran officially announced оn Thurѕdаy the ѕtаrt of thе рrосеѕѕ of urаnіum enrichment at Fоrdоw’ѕ underground fасіlіtіеѕ. Rеutеrѕ nеwѕ agency rеlеаѕеd a rероrt, rеflесtіng thе news thаt thе enrichment of uranium by аdvаnсеd сеntrіfugеѕ аt the Fоrdоw nuсlеаr fасіlіtу hаѕ bеgun. Ending uranium еnrісhmеnt аt the Fordow nuclear facility іѕ оnе of thе key ріllаrѕ оf the nuсlеаr dеаl.
French Prеѕіdеnt Emmаnuеl Macron, сіtіng Irаn’ѕ аnnоunсеmеnt tо іnjесt urаnіum іntо thе Fоrdоw еnrісhmеnt fасіlіtу, ѕаіd thіѕ wаѕ thе first tіmе thаt Iran hаd еxрlісіtlу tаkеn асtіоn thаt was a ѕіgn оf іtѕ intention to lеаvе the Iran Nuclear Deal.
Hоurѕ аftеr Iranian Prеѕіdеnt Hаѕѕаn Rouhani announced thаt fuel enrichment аt thе Fordow nuсlеаr сеntrіfugе had resumed, Frаnсе, Brіtаіn аnd the European Union еxрrеѕѕеd соnсеrn about thе decision. “With the presence of inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Iran started injecting gas into centrifuges in Fordow,” in central Iran, state TV said today. Rouhani said on Twitter, “Iran’s 4th step in reducing its commitments under the JCPOA by injecting gas to 1044 centrifuges begins today. Thanks to US policy and its allies, Fordow will soon be back to full operation.”
Iran will rеѕumе urаnіum еnrісhmеnt at іtѕ Fоrdоw rеасtоr ѕоuth оf Tеhrаn, President Hаѕѕаn Rоuhаnі ѕаіd on Monday. It is the lаtеѕt ѕtер іn Tеhrаn’ѕ reneging оn соmmіtmеntѕ tо a nuclear deal іt signed with mаjоr powers іn 2015. Rоuhаnі ѕаіd Tehran wоuld ѕtаrt pumping gаѕ tо thе сеntrіfugеѕ аt thе Fоrdоw reactor оn Wednesday, thе lаѕt dау оf a twо-mоnth dеаdlіnе Irаn hаd gіvеn to раrtіеѕ to thе nuclear dеаl tо hоnоr its соmmіtmеntѕ.
According to the IAEA chief, Iran has responded to some criticism of its “secret cache” of nuclear energy. The agency does not consider the description of the Iranian authorities insufficient but has declared it a step in the right direction. On Friday, news agencies quoted IAEA chief Cornel Feruta saying that the Islamic Republic is cooperating to clarify whether it has reported all its nuclear activities to the IAEA.
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, in a telephone call with his French counterpart, Emmanuel Macron, said that talks with the United States would be “meaningless,” unless sanctions are lifted. Rouhani also said that “if agreements with Europe are finalized, we’re ready to return to JCPOA commitments, and a meeting between Iran and the 5+1 is only possible when sanctions are lifted.”
At a news conference on Monday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that Israel had learned of an Iranian “covert nuclear facility” in Abadeh, Fars province. Iran has rejected his recent remarks. The Israeli prime minister said Iran had carried out “tests for the development of nuclear weapons” at the facility for military purposes.
Iran has revealed that the oil tanker Adrian Darya 1, which was released by Gibraltar and blacklisted by the United States, has reached its destination and sold its oil. The Iranian Foreign Ministry made the announcement yesterday, but did not name a buyer. The tanker had been released from Gibraltar last month.
Iran said on Thursday it had begun operating in advanced and rapid uranium enrichment centrifuges, the latest step towards reducing its obligations under a 2015 nuclear deal with major powers. Behrouz Kamalvandi, a spokesman for Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization, said 40 of those devices were now operational.
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Friday that the US is determined to continue its policy against Iran even though Donald Trump has repeatedly stated his readiness to meet with Iranian officials without preconditions. “They announced just yesterday that they’re going to continue to do more research and development on their nuclear weapon systems. Those things are unacceptable,” Pompeo said.