Iran has stated that it opposes any possible military operations in Syria, and that the US decision to withdraw its troops from the north should be made sooner. The Foreign Ministry of Iran issued a statement on Tuesday referring to the possibility of Turkish troops entering Syrian territory. Such a move would not only address Turkey’s security concerns but also cause damage, they said. Iran has called US military presence in Syria “illegitimate,” and has insisted that the US decision to withdraw its troops “should have happened much sooner.”
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has described relations with neighbors, and facilitating economic affairs, as Iran’s “top foreign policy priority.” Mr. Zarif made these remarks while answering questions from members in the Iranian Parliament. He cited his trip to Pakistan to congratulate Imran Khan after he became Prime Minister, saying he was the first foreign minister to do so.
In his speech to the UN General Assembly, US President Donald Trump is expected to explain his policy towards Iran. At the same time, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has praised Western powers’ statements on the Saudi oil facility attack and has demanded Iran’s international condemnation. Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has rejected talks with the United States.
US President Donald Trump has reiterated his desire to resolve the conflict with Iran peacefully. Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani is also said to have offered a new proposal to resolve the dispute through a meeting at the UN General Assembly. Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has added to his diplomatic efforts to settle the dispute with the United States peacefully. News Agencies on Monday announced a meeting between Zarif and French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian.
Iranian Foreign Minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, said today that it would be “all-out war” if Saudi Arabia or the United States dared to carry out a military attack on Iran. The already frosty relationship between the US and Iran has escalated in recent days, following attacks on two Saudi oil plants that Washington and Riyadh have attributed to Tehran. However, Tehran has maintained its innocence in as far as the attack is concerned, and it denies any involvement in any way whatsoever.
The Iranian Foreign Minister has wrarned that any attack on his country would be considered “all-out war,” after the US Secretary of State supported Saudi Arabia’s defense after the attack on Saudi oil facilities. Javad Zarif has said this after his US counterpart, Mike Pompeo, said that the attack on Saudi oil facilities was an act of war, that Iran’s actions were unbearable, and that the United States was following the recent attacks on Saudi Arabia’s crude oil facilities.
Iran has revealed that the oil tanker Adrian Darya 1, which was released by Gibraltar and blacklisted by the United States, has reached its destination and sold its oil. The Iranian Foreign Ministry made the announcement yesterday, but did not name a buyer. The tanker had been released from Gibraltar last month.
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has announced that the Adrian Darya 1 oil tanker is heading to the port of Tartus in Syria. Announcing the news in a tweet, Pompeo said trusting Zarif was a mistake. Iran assured Britain that it was not going to Syria. The announcement has once again heightened the sensitivity of the removal of the Adrian Darya 1 tanker.
Monday is the third and final day of the 45th G7 summit in the French resort town of Biarritz. On Sunday, the American delegation received a surprise, in the form of a visit by Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif. Saturday was host to a heated debate over whether to allow Russia to return to this elite club of the world’s developed countries.
The United States has linked part of the economic sanctions against Iran to the human rights situation there and has blamed the country’s foreign secretary for violating international treaties. The Treasury Department’s Foreign Assets Oversight Office said in a statement released on its website that it had amended the title of “Sanctions Regulations Related to Human Rights Violations in Iran” and sanctioned Iran’s metal industry sector for violations.
After a relatively quiet couple of weeks, Iran upped the ante again this weekend. State media reported that the Revolutionary Guard seized an Iraqi oil tanker, which it accused of smuggling fuel. It is the third such vessel captured since July 13. The move comes as tensions continue to escalate between the quarantined Islamic Republic and the western powers, particularly the United States. A spokesman for the U.S. Navy, however, said they had no information to confirm the seizure.
A month ago, Iran’s Revolutionary Guard shot down an unmanned American drone in the Strait of Hormuz. Later that week, President Trump called off a retaliatory military attack on Iran at the last minute. He explained the next day that he did not believe the loss of Iranian lives to be proportionate to the loss of a machine. On Thursday, the United States appeared to level the score. US Marines jammed an unmanned Iranian drone in the Strait, downing the aircraft and destroying it. The incident reignited tensions between the two countries, which seem to be stumbling toward war.