At present, there is a demand to purchase online and pay later. The platforms like Klarna Quadpay and AfterPay becoming increasingly popular. They allow the consumers to purchase items from a large number of the online stores using interest free payments split in 4. The payments are billed every 2 weeks.
AliExpress is popular in Russia and the bordering nations of the former Soviet Bloc. A lot of drop shoppers source the products from the AliExpress. Russia has its own online marketplace, Wildberries. Last week, Wildberries marketplace announced expansion into Germany.
India is famous for its vibrant culture and heritage. It is known as the land of festivals where people of different religions and communities come together to celebrate. Each festival has a story behind it that gives a sneak peek into the history and traditions of the country. They allow people to get together, shop, have fun, relish sweets, and celebrate the customs and traditions prevent in Indian culture.
Coronavirus has been on every news channel and every online outlet, as many US States are under voluntary 14 days self quarantine and shelter in place orders.
The major developments around the Globe related to coronavirus:
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a 21-day shutdown would begin March 25th extending restrictions to the entire nation of more than 1.3 billion.
- The Tokyo Summer Olympics have been postponed until 2021.
- The rate of infection in New York is doubling every three days, with confirmed cases topping 25,000. More than 50,000 cases have been confirmed nationwide.
- The number of confirmed cases around the world passed 400,000, suggesting that the global pace of infection continues to increase. Italy reported 743 new deaths, bringing the country’s total to 6,820. France became the fifth country to mark more than 1,000 coronavirus deaths.
Many US States and Cities issued closure orders in an attempt to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
The list of state and city orders according to USA Today:
- Missouri’s two largest cities issued stay-at-home orders Saturday. The St. Louis mandate, which also applies to St. Louis County, begins Monday, and the one for Kansas City and its metro area goes into effect Tuesday.
- New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell directed residents to stay at home.
- San Miguel County, Colorado, is under a shelter-in-place order until April 3.
- Athens-Clarke County, Georgia, is under a shelter-in-place order until April 7.
- Blaine County, Idaho, is under a shelter-in-place order.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Friday announced that all New York residents must stay home “to the maximum extent possible.”
- The State of California is under a stay at home order.
- Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker announced a “stay-at-home” that will last until at least April 7.
- In Connecticut, Gov. Ned Lamont on Friday announced an executive order directing all nonessential businesses and not-for-profit entities to close.
- Oregon Gov. Kate Brown on Friday told residents to stay home, calling the directive “both an order and a public awareness campaign.”
- New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy announced Saturday that he would be ordering residents to stay at home.
- Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf ordered all “non-life-sustaining” businesses to close.
The Global Ecommerce Playbook is your step-by-step framework for going global the right way. Whether you’re just considering international expansion, or looking to scale your established international operations faster, this comprehensive playbook will simplify and reduce your risk.
The online shopping experience is a profitable venture for businesses to make money. It’s equally profitable for users because they can discover the best deals without leaving home and get must-have items delivered to your door. While businesses will do their part to make online shopping fun and safe, users must rely on common sense to get the best deal without getting scammed. Six tricks will get users started on the path toward savvy shopping.
Global Parcel Lockers market is expected to witness significant growth, owing to the rapidly increasing volumes of parcel shipping. Such a considerable increase in volume is primarily driven by the growth in e-commerce market and cross-border deliveries globally. global technology supplier of digital communications, shipping and mail solutions, today announced that Packcity Japan, a jointly owned company established in May 2016 with Yamato Transport.
For many shoppers, Cyber Monday kicks off the holiday season. For some online thieves, ‘tis the season to take advantage of having so many people shop online at once. They steal shoppers’ personal information and package it as their own, while draining bank accounts or saving the information to file fraudulent tax returns in the names of the victims at the start of the 2020 filing season.
This week, Durig takes another look at the number two grocer in the United States. Albertsons has made a significant turnaround in the past few years after its purchase of Safeway stores in early 2015. With its most recent quarterly results, the company has now logged seven consecutive quarters of identical store sales growth. In addition, the company’s online grocery sales grew by 40% year-over-year, a massive win for this traditional brick and mortar retailer. (Other results from its Q2 results, see bullets above)