Portland Police Chief Danielle Outlaw has had enough. In a news conference Wednesday, Outlaw called for “a better way” to address dueling protest groups in the city, and to give police more legal tools to combat and prevent the violence that frequently accompanies these events. Just one day after Communal News called for it, Outlaw asked for new laws that would ban the wearing of masks by demonstrators in the commission of crimes and permit the continual recording of protests. The legal director of the ACLU of Oregon responded, “we have a lot of concerns.”
There are a lot of criteria to choose from when selecting a mini self storage unit: price, location, amenities, security, customer service, move in specials, and access/availability. We will be looking at the top storage places in Salem, Oregon and comparing them across several top criteria, and giving you our best recommendation for mini self storage in Salem. We are taking the top eight contenders from a Google search and ranking them in order of our recommendation.
Nike has just cancelled a Betsy Ross shoe because Colin Kaepernick (a Nike endorser) claimed he and others found the specific flag design offensive, saying the flag from that period is associated with slavery in America. Is Nike so focused on social justice issues, they are not completing their duties to their shareholders.
Portland’s street-brawling season began with a bang on Saturday. Dueling right- and left-wing protesters took to downtown this past weekend, and the usual carnage ensued. Portland police, tasked with keeping the two belligerents separated, were unsuccessful in doing so. When the tear gas cleared, three people were arrested, eight were injured, and the right blasted the police, and the city, for allowing the violence to occur. Spray, rinse, repeat.
The Oregon legislation applies to any citiy over 25,000 in population and on any and every single family home. The law will allow any home to become a duplex, triplex, four-plex or “cottage clusters.” This bill would effectively eliminate single-family zoning in Oregon’s larger cities and change most land uses that were “areas zoned for residential use” into low density multi-family uses.
According to the Real Clear Politics poll average, the leaders for Demoractic Presidential nomination are (first place) former Vice President Joe Biden (D), (second place) Sen. Bernie Sander (D), (third place) Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D), and (forth place) Sen. Kamala Harris. Three of the top four Democratic candidates are planing on nationalizing our health care system according their latest debate answers.
It’s been kind of a crazy weekend in Oregon. The flight from the state capitol, of what’s become known as Oregon’s Eleven (all the Oregon Senate Republicans), has attracted national and international news. By Monday night, there was no end in sight to the standoff with the Democratic supermajority trifecta and no sight of the Republican senators’ either. As for endgames, Gov. Kate Brown is widely expected to call a special session in July, if and when he current session expires on June 30. One senator told the Wall Street Journal he was prepared to stay away for months.
What makes a wedding special? Is it money? No.
Is it doing what your friends did ? No.
It’s about making it your special day. We have won “Wedding Venue of the Year” three times in a row and what we believe brides really want is their own special day. A day that bring their family and friends in from the present and past to meet and enjoy the time with their spouses family and old friends. A wedding should feel very warm inside and be a joyous occasion.
From the venue to the bride’s dress, everything should be welcoming, open and fun. Even though it is not as important as the ceremony itself, this might just be the most important day of your life. Our best advice is to simply try to enjoy the entire journey, the time with family, because this great event will pass rather fast and the memories will be significant and long lasting.
With the China tariff up 25%, we’re constantly being told this will hurt the consumer and that it’s why inflation is rising (up 1.5% in April from 1.4% in March accounting to the Commerce Department). The Consumer Price Index increased 0.3% last month after moving up 0.2% in March. If the trade war with China trade is so bad where is the inflation, where are the price hikes?
Nike and other companies are saying the “consumer will get hurt” with the China and Mexican tariffs, but is this really true? Bear in mind that Nike is not neutral in this fight as it has large investments in China and as a global manufacturer has strong ties to both countries.
Oregon’s Best Wedding and Venue Idea’s
The wedding industry is facing many challenges including lower marriage rates and brides wanting to reduce their costs that average around $33,900. No wonder the wedding industry is seeing very little, to no, growth. One slice of the wedding industry is doing very well and that’s the lower cost Do It Yourself (DIY) wedding industry.
We believe if you live in Oregon we can provide ideas that could bring a great/dream wedding for well under $15,000.
- Voted the Best Wedding Venue (Gold) for 2019 by Salem’s Oregon Statesman Journal
- Voted the Best Wedding Venue (Gold) 3 years in a row by the Statesman Journal
Affordable Dream Wedding is very proud to win the gold medal for the best wedding venue, for three years in a row, if helps when you have a historic pioneer church built 1892 or a 127 years ago. We believe this is the oldest continuously run wedding and church in Oregon. For 127 years strait years the chapel has had some type of services at the same location. On many clear evenings it almost appears the belfry is touched by God.
Every once in awhile in the business world, you come across a business that takes an innovative new approach to its industry. Nowhere is that more true than at Storage Oregon. Founded 8 years ago in Salem, Oregon – a growing city that struggles to keep up with the demand for more storage facilities, Storage Oregon has taken a very different approach to its marketing and business strategies.
In a market that is increasingly likely to gouge its customers (as often happens when demand exceeds supply), Storage Oregon has held fast with low cost options for RV, Semi, vehicle, and boat storage.
Advertising. Even to those of us with decades of experience, and intimate knowledge of its complex and inner workings, it can still be both overwhelming and at times surprising. It never ceases to amaze how advertising has evolved through time. From carved wooden signs, to painted ones, radio ads to television, billboards to internet ads. Even the clothes we wear advertise companies, political opinions, and even our intentions.
You may know that The Portland Loo isn’t just in Portland; there are several cities around the globe that host the unique standalone public restroom. In fact, the Portland Loo has been so popular in Canada, it was voted Best Bathroom in Canada several years ago! The win of the restroom that is sometimes referred to as “Langley Street Loo” in Victoria BC, was a victory over other celebrated washrooms all over the country.
- Nike shares fell Friday morning after the sneaker maker reported weaker-than-expected sales in North America during its latest quarter and warned revenue growth could slow down during the fourth and current quarter.
- Attorney Michael Avenatti was charged Monday with trying to extort $20 million from Nike as well as bank and wire fraud charges for embezzling a client’s money to pay off debts and use for his own expenses, according to authorities.
Oregon Best Low Cost Large Screen Rental Service
It was a hot summer day in Portland Oregon. The cool breeze wicking away the sweat as I sat cross legged in the shade of the jumbotron at the country music festival. People were pouring in excited to hear a mixture of local and Nashville artists playing for the next 3 days, while we gorged ourselves on curly fries, turkey legs, sausages on sticks, and tried to keep cool.
The Affordable Dream Wedding Pioneer Church/Chapel in Hubbard, Oregon, just celebrated the building’s 125 birthday of continuous operation, making this one of Oregon oldest churches still located at its original location, and we believe, Oregon’s oldest pioneer church that has continuously served its community around Portland.
Oregon’s Affordable & Award Winning ” Best Wedding Venue” & Pioneer Church
We wanted to know what contributing factors helped it become awarded the Gold Award for the Best Wedding Venue, for the past two years by the Salem Statesman Journal.
- NORTH DAKOTA: The North Dakota arm of the Democratic Party is running ads on Facebook discouraging hunters from turning out to vote in Tuesday’s midterm elections. A spokesman for North Dakota Gaming and Fish told Port the same: “We’ve never heard of that.”
- MONTANA: An email, purportedly from the Montana Democratic Party, is being sent to businesses seeking support for re-electing Sen. Jon Tester. But the bogus email misrepresents Tester’s stances, saying he supports abolishing ICE and repealing the GOP tax cuts.
- INDIANA: The Indiana Democratic Party sent out a mailer promising voters there is a choice for Senate “who will really lower your taxes.” But that choice wasn’t Democratic incumbent Sen. Joe Donnelly. The mailer calls Libertarian Senate candidate Lucy Brenton “the anti-tax candidate” and says she would “cut red tape on small businesses, helping them create better jobs in Indiana.”
- Activists with Project Veritas embedded with campaigns of unknowing Democrats across the country ahead of the midterms. So far, the group has posted undercover videos with liberal campaign workers or candidates in six tight races: MISSOURI, NORTH DAKOTA, TENNESSEE, ARIZONA, FLORIDA, OREGON and VIRGINIA.
- OHIO: Facebook ads from a new, mystery group have started running promoting the candidacy of Green Party candidate Joe Manchik in Ohio’s 12th Congressional District — the closest and most at-risk Republican seat in the state. The group is not only supporting Manchik. They are also running Facebook ads for third party candidates in other tightly-contested races in a handful of districts across the U.S.
- GEORGIA: Oprah Winfrey campaigned for Democratic gubernatorial nominee Stacey Abrams on Thursday. But Winfrey made it clear to the audience that she’s not running for President in 2020.
- Twitter deleted more than 10,000 automated accounts posting messages that discouraged people from voting in Tuesday’s U.S. election and wrongly appeared to be from Democrats, after the party flagged the misleading tweets.
- Former President Obama has recorded more than 50 last-minute messages for Democratic candidates across the country, a below-the-radar push to get voters to the polls ahead of next week’s midterm elections.
- Previously: 7 Days to Midterm Elections: No Stone Left Unturned for Votes
- Previously: 14 Days to the Midterm Elections: Too Close to Call?
- Previously: 21 Days to the Midterm Elections: #RedWave or #BlueWave?
Exciting news may be on the horizon for legal cannabis. It seems the legislative trend making way state by state has found a direct line to federal legality, according to Oregon Congressman, Earl Blumenauer, in a memo sent to House Democratic Leadership.
Using polling statistics to affirm his point that Congress sits behind a forward-moving country, Blumenauer points out that 69% of registered voters support legalizing marijuana, and even more believe previously criminalized consumers deserve expunged records. He urges Democrats to “seize the moment,” should they retake the House of Representatives. The subsequent timeline serves as a map for the Democratic Majority to grab the reins on marijuana and other cannabis products by 2019’s end. If this path forward is enacted by the House, combined with support from senators, such as Cory Gardner who recently took action to eradicate federal interference with states that allow legal consumption, cannabis could descheduled, by 2020.
Let’s take a look at the timeline drafted by Blumenauer:
- Nike disappointed Wall Street by not raising its full-year forecast following a sales boost from its Colin Kaepernick ad campaign.
- NFL Football TV Viewership is down 8%. Nike’s decided to promote Colin Kaepernick, the first NFL player to kneel during the national anthem, the face of its new campaign. President Trump linked the controversy surrounding NFL protests to its falling TV viewership. It may not be that simple.
- Nike has been rocked by allegations of bullying and sexual discrimination to women. In response, Nike has shown a number of senior executives and managers the door.
- Is Nike’s retreat into tribalism a sign of Trouble? Veterans feel that the flag, the nation they fought to protect and defend, is under attack by entertainers.
- Nike Hot Product: Odell Beckham Jr. Special Edition.