According to Bloomberg News, the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Chairman Jay Clayton, who was originally scheduled to step down in June next year, announced on Monday that he will step down early at the end of this year, ending his three and a half years.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has asked the Telegram Group to halt the sale of its Gram cryptocurrency. According to a press release published by the agency, a temporary restraining order has been obtained to stop the firm and its subsidiaries from going ahead with the event.
- The Eerie Similarities Between Billionaire Howard Hughes And Elon Musk. Hughes a celebrity dated Jane Russell and Katherine Hepburn and married actress Jean Peters. Likewise, Musk married British actress Talulah Riley following his divorce from author Justine (Wilson) Musk. He’s also dated actress Amber Heard and had a brief but sensational, relationship with indie singer Grimes.
- Even at the best of times, Tesla operations have seemed like loosely organized chaos, the company’s rapid-fire price changes for its vehicles and its hastily announced — and subsequently reversed — decision to close most of its stores are signs of a business that has been stressed to the breaking point.
- Conference championships, and spots in the College Football Playoff, are on the line this weekend. The PAC-12 kicks things off Friday night, as the Washington Huskies and Utah Utes vie for a trip to the Rose Bowl.
- The Big 12 Championship features a first ever Red River rematch. An Oklahoma win keeps the Sooners’ playoff hopes alive, while a Texas sweep sends the Longhorns to the Sugar Bowl.
- The main event comes Saturday afternoon in Atlanta. The Georgia Bulldogs would almost certainly earn a return trip to the playoff, should they repeat as SEC champions. Meanwhile, top-ranked Alabama might be in anyway, even with a loss.
- The Ohio State Buckeyes will play for their second consecutive Big Ten championship, and maybe a playoff spot as well. Hoping to make things simple, a Northwestern upset would give the Wildcats their first Rose Bowl berth in 23 years.
- It’s almost a foregone conclusion that Clemson will win the ACC Championship Game, and with it, another trip to the playoff. The Tigers are favored by 27.5 over unranked Pittsburgh, for those who are so inclined.
- The unenviable task of choosing college football’s final four falls to the selection committee. Watch as the field is announced, along with the rest of the New Years Six bowl games, Sunday at noon Eastern.