Twitter has confirmed its ban on former President Donald Trump will be permanent and will not be revoked, even if he runs for President again. The motive, according to the social media company, is bar him from using the platform for incitement to fan violence. Twitter’s finance director, Ned Segal, confirmed this in an interview with CNBC Wednesday morning.
Billionaire Steve Cohen has quit Twitter because of a possible game-changing threat to GameStop’s existence. “I’ve really enjoyed the back and forth with Mets fans on Twitter which was unfortunately overtaken this week by misinformation unrelated to the Mets that led to our family getting personal threats,” he said in a statement. “So I’m going to take a break for now.”
According to reports, some senior members of the ruling United Russia party submitted a draft law, in which Russian regulators will be able to restrict Internet users’ access to Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. The draft is aimed at countering the censorship of Russian media by some US platforms.
Twitter has classified US President Donald Trump’s post-election tweets as controversial and misleading. President Trump posted more than one tweet in which he questioned the integrity of the election process and the vote count, accused Democrats of stealing the election, and giving wrong information about voting.
After a stalemate for more than two weeks, Twitter said on Friday that in view of the policy change, it had unblocked the Twitter account of the daily newspaper “New York Post”. Earlier, after the newspaper published an unconfirmed report about Hunter Biden, Twitter blocked the newspaper’s Twitter account.
On Monday, Russia published information that Twitter removed Ria Novosti from the search results. Additionally, users who were not subscribed to the Ria Novosti page will now be unable to find it in Russia or other countries. Earlier, Twitter blocked the profiles of KE and Sputnik in the same manner.
Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders has warned that US President Donald Trump will most likely use a slew of schemes to hold on to power if he loses in the November elections. Speaking during a phone interview with the New York Times earlier this week, he stressed that voters and lawmakers alike have to be vigilant.
The Twitter account for Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s personal website and mobile app was hacked on Thursday morning. The social media platform has confirmed this. Twitter has said that steps have been taken to secure Prime Minister Modi’s account, and that “we are expeditiously investigating” the matter.
Facebook and Twitter removed posts by US President Donald Trump and his campaign Wednesday in which they declared that children were “almost immune” to the coronavirus. Facebook removed the post containing a video clip from an interview Mr. Trump gave to Fox News.
Now we are seeing a lot of people protest Rowling by not buying her books, stores not selling her books, and websites denouncing her altogether. Rowling deserves all the criticism thrown her way. However, Harry Potter books should not suffer the same fate even though many people want to cancel Rowling. Her books mean a lot to many people and are a part of many good memories for a lot of people.
Both Facebook and Twitter have removed a clip posted by US President Donald Trump on his social media accounts. The clip posted features two kids of different races running on a sidewalk and embracing. The video had one segment doctored to seem like the black kid was running away from his white friend.
Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden is about to get some serious backing from some of Silicon Valley’s top tech billionaires. The list includes Steve Jobs’ widower Laurene Powell Jobs, LinkedIn CEO Reid Hoffman, Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz, and former Google CEO Eric Schmidt.
The Wall Street Journal Editorial board has formally rebuked US President Donald Trump’s move to tarnish the image of MSNBC news anchor Joe Scarborough. This is by trying to reignite a conspiracy theory related to the death of an aide who worked for him. The move seems to be a retaliatory attack against Scarborough for his negative commentary about him.
Twitter has announced that it will now combat deepfakes more aggressively, especially those that look deceptively real and are created for manipulation purposes. The social media company stated on Tuesday that such videos are particularly explosive during election campaign times, and will in the future be either specially tagged or removed from the platform.
Trying to promote your business, brand, or product is much easier now than a decade ago, but it still requires l hard work. People use social media platforms daily, so advertising on these platforms is essential. What is social media advertising? Let’s explore some social media advertising examples to find the best app or site for your business.
Twitter is among the most popular social media platforms in the world today. It was founded by Jack Dorsey, the current CEO, Noah Glass, Biz Stone, and Evan Williams in 2006. William and Dorsey are among its top shareholders. The former owns about 20 million shares, and the latter approximately 16.6 million shares.
It has been proven that misinformation on social media networks had a significant impact on the 2016 U.S. presidential elections. Some social networks responded by banning potentially misleading political advertisements. Facebook has, however, changed its censorship strategy, and is no longer looking to filter such promotions.
Social media has become part of our daily lives, from reading breaking news, to communication for business and personal purposes. It is an important tool for many in their daily lives, no matter how one uses it. It is also a dangerous tool, where one can have their life ruined. People have lost jobs over their posts, as well as being targeted and bullied on social media platforms. Some take it upon themselves to label other people online with the false narrative of being trolls (even though the profiles are legit!), just to cause turmoil.
US President Donald Trump published a message on Twitter Thursday attacking young environmental activist Greta Thunberg, 16. In response, the Swedish girl changed her Twitter account description in an apparent mockery directed towards the American president, just as she did to hit at Brazil’s Jair Bolsonaro, who called her a “brat.”
The Australian Strategic Policy Institute released a new report on Tuesday, based on Twitter’s data released last month, about China’s intention to influence Hong Kong’s anti-extradition (or “reverse delivery”) campaign. Among the findings, the Chinese government has spent the past two years intending to spread fake news targeting specific people across several social media platforms.
Social media Twitter and Facebook announced on Monday that they blocked a large number of accounts on their platforms. The two social media giants said that these accounts spread false information about Hong Kong demonstrations and they were dominated by Chinese officials.
The president of the United States, Donald Trump, on Monday attacked the black pastor civil rights activist Al Sharpton on Twitter, which generated new accusations of racism against the president after his recent attacks against legislators who are ethnic minorities. Trump, who is seeking reelection in 2020, harassed Al Sharpton after a weekend marked by his attacks on Elijah Cummings, a black Democratic congressman who represents a district in Baltimore, a black-majority city.
One of the first things you’re taught in journalism class is to never make yourselves the story. Yet, here we stand, facing a sensitive content warning on our Twitter page. We have seen no reason why Twitter has specifically target us. We have close to 700 contributors on a open platform, which no matter the subject or politics, if the article is well written and fact-based, we have published it. We have published roughly 240 articles this month, and we can not identify any sensitive or graphic image in any of these articles.
We believe it is wrong for Twitter to filter the news, or pick one article out of a wide range of diversified posts, and say that news story is over the line. We are an open platform that publishes the news the public selects. The vast majority of Twitter users do not want the news filtered for them by Silicon Valley, and certainly do not want an open news platform to be suppressed because it is willing to publish all sides of every story. At this point we have seen no email or reason why Communal News is being censored.
The internet has so many platforms that can sometimes lead you to into confusion on what to use. Of course there are some advantages and disadvantages in each platform so we are going to talk about you as an entrepreneur on how to utilize the best platform in the internet.
If you are starting your business and you are planning to get into Digital Marketing, you may ask yourself, is it much easier than it was 10 to 15 years ago? and why do you ask this? because as an entrepreneur, you are your own media company. Doesn’t matter what business you are in, you need to think like a media in this generation.
- China’s first official economic gauge for March signaled a stabilization, easing one of the biggest worries for the global outlook. The manufacturing purchasing managers index rose to 50.5 from 49.2 last month, the biggest increase since 2012 and exceeding all estimates by economists. Both new orders and new export orders – leading sub-gauges that signal future activities – rose to the highest levels in six months.
- NORTH DAKOTA: The North Dakota arm of the Democratic Party is running ads on Facebook discouraging hunters from turning out to vote in Tuesday’s midterm elections. A spokesman for North Dakota Gaming and Fish told Port the same: “We’ve never heard of that.”
- MONTANA: An email, purportedly from the Montana Democratic Party, is being sent to businesses seeking support for re-electing Sen. Jon Tester. But the bogus email misrepresents Tester’s stances, saying he supports abolishing ICE and repealing the GOP tax cuts.
- INDIANA: The Indiana Democratic Party sent out a mailer promising voters there is a choice for Senate “who will really lower your taxes.” But that choice wasn’t Democratic incumbent Sen. Joe Donnelly. The mailer calls Libertarian Senate candidate Lucy Brenton “the anti-tax candidate” and says she would “cut red tape on small businesses, helping them create better jobs in Indiana.”
- Activists with Project Veritas embedded with campaigns of unknowing Democrats across the country ahead of the midterms. So far, the group has posted undercover videos with liberal campaign workers or candidates in six tight races: MISSOURI, NORTH DAKOTA, TENNESSEE, ARIZONA, FLORIDA, OREGON and VIRGINIA.
- OHIO: Facebook ads from a new, mystery group have started running promoting the candidacy of Green Party candidate Joe Manchik in Ohio’s 12th Congressional District — the closest and most at-risk Republican seat in the state. The group is not only supporting Manchik. They are also running Facebook ads for third party candidates in other tightly-contested races in a handful of districts across the U.S.
- GEORGIA: Oprah Winfrey campaigned for Democratic gubernatorial nominee Stacey Abrams on Thursday. But Winfrey made it clear to the audience that she’s not running for President in 2020.
- Twitter deleted more than 10,000 automated accounts posting messages that discouraged people from voting in Tuesday’s U.S. election and wrongly appeared to be from Democrats, after the party flagged the misleading tweets.
- Former President Obama has recorded more than 50 last-minute messages for Democratic candidates across the country, a below-the-radar push to get voters to the polls ahead of next week’s midterm elections.
- Previously: 7 Days to Midterm Elections: No Stone Left Unturned for Votes
- Previously: 14 Days to the Midterm Elections: Too Close to Call?
- Previously: 21 Days to the Midterm Elections: #RedWave or #BlueWave?
Stocks of Facebook (FB) Google Alphabet (GOOGL) and Twitter (TWTR) are mentioned.
- CEO claiming employee advocacy and social selling are key marketing channels. Reason why you’ve been hearing so much about employee advocacy programs recently.
- How social media became a weapon of war. There is still a kind of denialism at these tech companies because they control the platforms that literally set the rules of the new game.
- Corporation functions as a trustee, it also has certain affirmative duties to its shareholders. The most important of these duties is to act impartially with respect to the interests of its multiple owners. To act in good faith and basic fairness with respect to conflicting interests among its shareholders.
- By controlling the attention of over 2 billion people, Mark Zuckerberg is tearing up the fabric of society and destroying democracy.
- Twitter has been slapped with a lawsuit by a conservative journalist who says he’s been unfairly banned from the social-media platform due to his political viewpoints.
- Zuckerberg and his colleagues automated system could also be used by politically motivated customers to direct political or ideological messages at Facebook users. This was precisely what had happened during the presidential election.
- Trump accused Google of manipulating search results to show negative stories about him. A week later, congressional lawmakers rebuked the company for failing to send one of its top executives to testify at a hearing alongside Facebook and Twitter.
- Related Nike/Kaepernick Social Strategy