Iran is blaming the State of Israel for assassination of Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, their Chief of Staff in production of nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles. Israel has in the past been accused of targeting killings. The second suspect for the assassination is the United States under the leadership of President Trump. The week before the assassination Netanyahu made an unannounced visit to Saudi to meet Mike Pompeo and the Prince of Saudi Arabia. The purpose of their meeting the danger of Iran obtaining nuclear weapons to the stabilization of the Middle East which has already begun with the Abraham Accords.
Corona virus has crippled the world. Flights abroad have been cancelled. Each nation of the world is living in quarantine closed in their own country. Corona is very contagious and people are forced to wear masks and gloves with other sanitary measures. Through teamwork the world is slowly conquering the baffling virus. Covid-19 was not known in the beginning but scientists have indentified it. Identification of the virus was the first step toward conquering it. Covid-19 damages the hemoglobin impairing the red blood cells to transport oxygen throughout the body, comprising the lungs and resulting in Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS), an Italian pharmacist explained. Understanding the mechanism leads to producing and using effective drugs to treat the virus.
Discussions will begin next week in the Knesset on whether to grant Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu immunity from prosecution. Netanyahu has been indicted for fraud, bribery and breach of trust, which he feels are not severe to interfere with his ability to be Prime Minister. Blue and White, his opponents in the next elections, have pushed for hearings on immunity to be held before the elections in March.
Our beloved global leader Greshun De Bouse has a super busy and productive life! We love her for that! Under normal circumstances, she is found researching, traveling to and fro meeting with dignitaries/notables, generally engaged in joint strategizing on continued world improvement, and much more. However, it is challenging to go about her day-to-day life when she is constantly followed, harassed, stalked, and more.
Though Greshun is a public, even ‘celebrity’ figure herself many would say, we are not talking about a ‘paparazzi’ type following. We are talking about the unwanted and unwarranted harassing attempted-intimidating stalking, intent-to-harm harassing.
President Trump’s decision to cancel the Nuclear Peace Treaty between America and Russia is a great stumbling block in the goal of uniting the whole world with democracy. However the decision to cancel the peace treaty may be temporarily a good decision because the peace treaty was made in 1986 before the downfall of the communist regime. Today the alliance of America and Russia as two free world countries is most important to World Unity and Peace. They can make a much better treaty to replace the old one.
No one in the world can deny the importance of peace except for crazy fanatics. There are various types of peace, all are important. Peace in the home is one type of peace which is important for the whole family. To have peace in home also requires livelihood and national security.
National peace is important even critical for those living in their country. National peace demands its citizens to work together for their nation and its national peace. National unity is a goal which is also the goal of national peace. No nation in this world is alone. National peace requires also world peace.
Rabbi Nachman of Breslov a Chassidic master who lived from 1772-1810 in the Ukraine taught, The world is a narrow bridge to cross over, most important is not to fear to complete the journey. There is no such thing as hopelessness. The World is in turmoil. With faith in God mankind can cross the river to World Unity and Peace walking on water.
- World War I, also known as the First World War or the Great War, lasted from 28 July 1914 to 11 November 1918. More than 17 million people, military and civilian, lost their lives in World War I, mostly in Europe.
- President Trump and 60 world leaders are gathering in Paris for the opening of the Paris Peace Forum, an initiative to improve international cooperation and governance. They will also be commemorating the 100 year anniversary of a war that remains deeply controversial, but that set the course for every significant political event of the 20th Century that followed.
- At the Thiepval Memorial in France, British Prime Minster Theresa May laid a wreath and left a card with an extract from poem A Soldier’s Cemetery by Sergeant John William Streets, reading: “There lie the flower of youth, the men who scorn’d to live (so died) when languished liberty.“
- In England, one local historical society is placing a postcard at the home of hundreds who died. “Time passes but we need to remember those who have died because of the sacrifice.” Even English football (soccer) players are pitching in to help remembrance efforts. “It’s amazing to think, when you are in this bubble and the world we live in now, that those guys went off from playing football and went off to war.”
- It is estimated that 1.5 million Indian troops fought to defend Britain. Of those, 400,000 were Muslim soldiers.
- Mark Rogers will march on Sunday for his grandfather Lewis Rogers, a gunner who survived the war, but whose brother Bertie did not. Bertie was one of three of Rogers’s great-uncles who died in the war. “All were young men. As Lewis said: ‘There was no old men there.’”
- The United States joined the war in 1917, at cost in lives of 50,585 Americans and wounded 205,690. A century after World War I ended, discarded munitions from that and other wars continue to make their way onto beaches around the country.
- The most famous American soldier, Alvin C. York, charged a hill where Germans were entrenched, killing 25. He captured 132 more of the enemy. His bravery earned him a promotion to sergeant and the Medal of Honor for valor.
- OPINION: For the United States to have stood aside in 1917, looking only to her own defenses, while the whole European continent fell under the domination of a militarist, aggressive, proto-Fascist Imperial Germany, would only have postponed the final day of reckoning for America itself.
- OPINION: The intervention led to big changes in America, as well as the world. It began the creation of a political order most citizens now take for granted, even as some protest against it: a state equipped to fight war after war abroad while keeping a close watch on allegedly subversive activities at home.