- One of the most common child abuse cases is committed by hired maids. Therefore, it is necessary for everyone who hires extra help to keep track of their activities
- While you can put the cameras anywhere in your house, it should not be invading anyone's privacy, even the hired help.
- Make sure you are following the ethics of having cameras inside your house.
One of the best ways to keep track of happenings outsides and inside your house is to install a CCTV camera. Most people prefer to put the camera outside in order to prevent theft and other malicious activities.
However, recently, many people have started installing CCTV cameras inside their houses to keep an eye on the maid’s activities. In a time like this, where domestic crime rates are on the rise, it makes sense to monitor your house from outside as well as inside.
One of the most common children abuse cases is committed by hired maids. Therefore, it is necessary for everyone who hires extra help to keep track of their activities. Before installing the cameras, however, you must be aware of some essential things. Here are a few Dos and Don’ts about installing a monitoring system inside your house:
Why should you install a monitoring system inside your house?
- Stopping child abuse: In many cases, the hired maids have been known to abuse children they are supposed to take care of while their parents are away. Most often than not, kids fail to explain what they went through. That is why installing a CCTV camera at home is necessary for everyone who hires help to take care of their house and family.
- Watching over the elderly: Another good reason to install CCTV cameras inside your house is to watch over elderly members of your family and keep track of whether they are following their usual routine or not. Even if you are hiring a caregiver for the senior family members, make sure you have a way to watch over them as the caregivers tend to take advantage of older people, especially if they know nobody is watching over them.
Buy Research Report: Radiology Information Systems Market to Witness A Steep CAGR Of 8.3%
Buy Research Report: Mobile Water Treatment Systems Market Set to Grow US$ 1,952.0 Mn during 2020-2030
Buy Research Report: Electric Trolling Motors Market to Expand at a CAGR of 3.2% During 2020-2030
Buy Research Report: Global Solar Cells and Modules Market Strategic Assessment and Forecast by 2026
Buy Research Report: What Are the Upcoming Trends in the Telemonitoring System Market? What Impact Would They Make in Forecast – 2026?
Things you should know before installing CCTV camera inside your house
Before installing cameras or monitoring system inside your house, there are certain ethics that you must follow:
- Do not install in private places: This should go without saying that installing a camera in private places such as bathrooms and changing rooms is an offense. While you can put the cameras anywhere in your house, it should not be invading anyone’s privacy, even the hired help. You can set the cameras in the living room, kitchen, dining room, balcony, etc for caregiver monitoring system or elderly monitoring system. but don’t put the cameras anywhere where personal space is disregarded because of them.
- Let the maid know about the cameras: You must let your maid or any other hired help know that you have installed cameras inside your house. This will not only make her wary of being watched, but it will also prevent her from participating in private activities in the open, such as changing clothes. It will also serve to be in your favor as your maid will start working more diligently, knowing that they are being watched.
- Tell the maid the reason behind installing the cameras: While you must let the hired help know that you have installed CCTV cameras inside your house, don’t make them feel like the only reason for the cameras being installed. There are many other reasons you should have your house monitored all the time, and keeping an eye on the maids is only one of them. Having cameras inside also helps you protect your house from potential theft and robbery. Moreover, the footage from the cameras can also be used as evidence in court.
If you are wondering whether you should install CCTV cameras inside your house, it is time you go on with the plan. Nevertheless, make sure you are following the ethics of having cameras inside your house.
Once you have decided to, you can call a professional security and monitoring service and let them know your requirements. With an experienced team, you will have the advantage of 24*7 support in case something goes wrong. They will also place the cameras at perfect places in your house since they are well-versed in their profession.