- While people are engaged with intense physical sports like soccer, tennis, swimming, hockey, etc., others prefer board games like chess, carrom to play indoor, and to improve their imagination skills as some of them need intense thinking skills.
- Strafe is one of the most popular esports apps.
- If you are an entrepreneur interested in the esports sector, then you should approach an esports Tournament software development company.
Sports have played an important role in human civilization since its inception. It had its ‘ups’ and ‘downs’ over the years and has gone through several transformations. People love sports for its unique combination of physical and mental exercise, along with the excitement it provides. Hence some people take up sports for handling stress and to have a healthy life.
While people are engaged with intense physical sports like soccer, tennis, swimming, hockey, etc., others prefer board games like chess, carrom to play indoor, and to improve their imagination skills as some of them need intense thinking skills. The advancement of technologies has expanded the space for non-physical sports. People around the world were not connected by any means before the advent of modern communication technologies. In the contemporary world, esports have come a long way since its inception and has become one of the most profitable industries in the world.
According to a report in Statista, the esports market is expected to reach $1.65 billion in 2021. It is estimated that the total number of participants in esports was more than 380 million in 2018, and it is expected to exceed 560 million by 2021. For further information on the predictions in the esports industry by Statista, refer to this article.
What are esports?
Esports are nothing but video game events that are played in an organized environment. Most of the game participants will be professional esports players, and most of the tournaments will be held with a multiplayer game. These tournaments are conducted both locally and internationally. A majority of the esports players are male. Women esports players constitute about 19% of the total esports fans, according to a survey conducted in the US in 2016. A majority of esports players belong to the age demographic of 18-24, followed by the 25-34 age group. Refer to this Statista report for more detailed information about the segmentation of esports fans.
- Buy Research Report: Medical Mask Market to Witness Prolific Growth of 9%, COVID-19 to Boost Uptake of Medical Masks
- Buy Research Report: Sales of Blood Collection Tubes for Liquid Biopsy to Soar at 6% CAGR Through 2029; Opportunities Abound in Genetic Diagnostics
- Buy Research Report: Pepsin Market Resurgent, with Pharmaceuticals and Food Industry Sustaining Growth
- Buy Research Report: Organic Bedding Market to Gain Steady Profits, with Increased Demand for Bed Linen and Mattresses
- Buy Research Report: Anti-Fatigue Cosmetics Market to Display Steady Growth, with Increased Spending on Premium topical Creams and Gels
Key features of an esports app:
You can capture the esports market by offering the right features on your esports tournament software. These are the recommended features to include on the platform.
- A minimalistic user interface (UI) will be easy-to-use and will be preferred by the users.
- Adding a calendar feature on the application will be helpful for the users to organize their preferred events.
- Tournament status is a feature that will clearly lay out the overview of the tournament and mention the details of the pending stages.
- The newsfeed feature will be useful for users to keep track of the latest events in the esports industry. It should include separate sections so that the users can choose their preferred category.
- The chatroom feature will be convenient for users to communicate with fellow esports fans. It will be a platform to exchange information and other important notes about their favorite games and players.
Popular esports app:
Strafe is one of the most popular esports apps. It is available for both Android and iOS users. The app provides a schedule for various esports games and live results of ongoing games. This app also offers some detailed insights about the games and team members as it exclusively covers esports tournaments that are organized all over the world. As of now, they cover only some popular esports titles such as ‘League of Legends’ and ‘Starcraft’. They are planning to expand their services to other esports titles to drive broader user engagement.
Toornament esports is another popular app that is available for both Android and iOS. This app offers a detailed report on hundreds of esports tournaments that take place every week around the world. They also provide users the features to follow live results, and in case if they miss the action, they can also watch the event again by getting VODs as they cover every major esports like ’League of Legends‘, ’Dota 2‘, ’Call of Duty‘, etc.
thescore is one of the most popular esports apps that offers scores, news, stats, videos for every major league like NFL, NBA, MLB, EPL, etc. The app has a high rating of 4.8 out of 5 on both the Play Store as well as the App Store. The app offers live streaming, game schedule, latest news updates, featured content, and VOD for its users. ’League of Legends‘, ’Dota 2‘, ’Counter-Strike: GO‘, ’Hearthstone‘ are some of the popular titles covered by this application.
Esports app development approach:
If you are an entrepreneur interested in the esports sector, then you should approach an esports Tournament software development company. It is highly recommended that you should get a custom esports software to add some differentiating features. In other words, you don’t need to reinvent the wheel, and you just need to analyze the other apps in the market and make sure that your app offers features that are not present in the other apps.
Developing an esports betting software alongside the tournament software involves plenty of work. It requires proper management of the infrastructure and development process. However, with a skillful development team, it can extremely easy to develop the application. The marketing team will help you get the user engagement your app requires by implementing several tailor-made strategies. The app will be designed from the customer’s perspective to meet the current market standards and lets you stay ahead of the competition.