- Total Knee Replacement is the most common type of surgery in which the surgeon replaces the entire surface of the thigh and shin bone.
- Most of the patients after knee replacement surgery responded positively stating that they have experienced less pain and gained more flexibility with time.
- Knee replacement operations can reduce the pain and helps the patients to start walking, running and working as usual.
Knee replacement surgery is a very effective method to treat different types of knee problems. People suffering from severe knee joint pain and swelling get relief from knee replacement surgery. Also, this treatment procedure cures chronic pain that does not get well with medications and therapies.
Why You Need Knee Replacement Treatment?
The major reasons why you may need knee replacement surgery are as follows:
- Extreme pain and stiffness in the knee joints that makes it impossible to walk or climb the stairs.
- Constant knee pain that does not get cured with physiotherapy or medications.
- Swollen knees that make the pain even more unbearable.
- Knee defect that disables a person to bow or bend.
Types Of Knee Replacement Surgeries
There are four different and most common types of knee replacement surgeries done and these are:
- Total Knee Replacement – This is the most common type of surgery in which the surgeon replaces the entire surface of the thigh and shin bone.
- Partial Knee Replacement – This is a type of treatment in which only one side of the knee is operated.
- Kneecap Replacement – This treatment procedure is done to replace the surface under the kneecap.
- Complex Replacement – This procedure is for those patients who need more than one replacement surgery or who have already done one surgery.
Why Get Knee Replaced?
Knee replacement surgery is a very beneficial treatment because:
Patients with extreme knee pain cannot properly move and lose muscle flexibility. Therefore, it prevents them from walking long distances or even short distances. But when the knee is replaced with a new one, the patients get back their mobility and can freely start walking.
Most of the patients after knee replacement surgery responded positively stating that they have experienced less pain and gained more flexibility with time. Chronic knee inflammation also gets cured by knee replacement.
Knee replacement operations can reduce the pain and helps the patients to start walking, running and working as usual.
Best Knee Replacement Surgeon In India
Several well-known and globally recognized orthopedic surgeons are in India. Patients from abroad prefer India for knee replacement surgery for quality of services and the cost factor.
Here are the names of the 10 best knee replacement surgeon in India.
- Dr. Saurabh Goyal.
- Dr. Santosh Shetty.
- Dr. Shekher Agarwal.
- Dr. Ratnakar Rao.
- Dr. Narendra Vaidya.
- Dr. Vikram Shah.
- Dr. Bakul Arora.
- Dr. AB Govindraj.
- Dr. Rakesh Mahajan.
- Dr. Ashok Rajgopal.
- Dr. Yash Gulai.
- Dr. Subhash Jangid.
All these doctors are specialized in knee replacement, joint replacement, pain management and trauma surgery. If you want to consult any of these surgeons, you need to book an appointment through the clinic or hospital where they provide treatments.
Getting a knee replacement surgery done is not a big task these days with the advancements in the latest technologies and various modern operations and methods. Just make sure you find the right doctor for you and start your diagnosis under the best surgeon.