- The new HTML5-based UI eliminates Java concerns, while a REST API enables new flexibility for management and automation.
- With integrated controller hardware for block and file, installation and cabling are a snap.
- New features include quota support, file system shrink and multi-tenancy support, along with a 64TB maximum file system size.
Dell EMC Unity™ is modernizing the datacenter, delivering advances that simplify the task of keeping up with growing storage demands. Compared with previous generations of midrange storage, Unity’s greater scale, density and simplicity can drive better economics and performance across your entire application portfolio.
1. MORE FLASH, MORE AFFORDABLY
Unity has been architected from the ground up to take full advantage of the latest flash storage. Users can select All-Flash or Hybrid, or combine them to maximize benefits across a broad range of applications. Unity relies on the latest generation of costeffective flash drives, enabling users to get more of their performance hungry data onto flash.
2. SIMPLER TO MANAGE
Management simplicity drives operating efficiency and lower TCO, and Unity’s fully integrated SAN and NAS architecture provides a single, seamless interface for managing all storage resources as well as local and remote replication. The new HTML5-based UI eliminates Java concerns, while a REST API enables new flexibility for management and automation.
3.SHRINK DATA CENTER FOOTPRINT
With integrated controller hardware for block and file, installation and cabling are a snap, and new 12Gb SAS backend connectivity provides flexible storage configuration and expansion. High-density flash drives result in even more rack unit and floor space savings, plus reduced power cost per GB of storage.
- Buy Research Report: Portable Thermal Imagers Market Is Expected To Witness CAGR Of 8.9% During The Forecast Period (2019-2027) – Coherent Market Insights | Coherent Market Insight.
- Buy Research Report: Interior Automobile Accessories Market Analysis 2020 | Forecast till 2027
- Buy Research Report: Bromine Derivatives Market Overview |Size, COVID-19 Impact, Share, Segment, Regional Analysis and Leading Players by Forecast to 2024
- Buy Research Report: Cast Acrylic Sheets Market – Size, Value Share, Latest Trend, Key Player Review, Business Prospect and Forecast to 2023
- Buy Research Report: Butyl Acetate Market Analysis: Key Findings, Regional Analysis, Key Players Profiles and Future Prospects
4. MORE FILE SCALABILITY
Unity’s new 64-bit file system and transactional NAS capabilities provide superior flexibility when it comes to deploying applications and VMware. New features include quota support, file system shrink and multi-tenancy support, along with a 64TB maximum file system size.
5. ADVANCED VMWARE INTEGRATION
Unity enables VMware deployments to take advantage of the latest storage technologies for provisioning virtual machines, supporting VMware’s VVol technology for more granular provisioning and management of virtual storage. Users can use VVol storage with both block and file, for added flexibility.
6. INTEGRATED DATA PROTECT
Unity advances the state of data protection, with a range of features that are not only comprehensive; they are also included at no extra charge. From unified block and file snapshots to asynchronous remote replication for block and file, Unity protects your data with integrated management and scheduling. Synchronous remote replication for block and RecoverPoint Basic are also included, enabling continuous data protection and a zero RPO for your most critical application data. Unity data-at-rest encryption (D@RE) protects data within the storage system without requiring special drives or external encryption key managers.
7. MORE VALUE, ADVANCED SUPPORT
With every new Unity system, a comprehensive set of data protection and performance features are automatically included, including local and remote replication, FAST (for Unity Hybrid), D@RE, and more. Dell EMC Xpect More, available with Unity All-Flash models, delivers addition flash drive protection along with a three-year system performance guarantee.