- Google is revolutionizing the search engine by becoming an answer engine now. However, the way you used to include keywords in the website content to improve rankings has changed.
- The most powerful digital marketing trends will remain the video marketing in 2020. As 96% of people prefer to search video content for the solution of their problems
- Almost 60% of mobile phone users try voice search at least once in a year and 55% of teenagers are using a voice search daily.
GSearch engine optimization relates to digital marketing that is never a constant topic. Alone in the year 2020, Google has made a lot of updates in its algorithm. That includes Core algorithm updates in March and June 2020 in addition to BERT and Maverick updates. In a nutshell, whether you are an SEO expert of a business owner, you need to have knowledge of the latest SEO trends and changes Google makes in its algorithm to increase the website’s visibility.
Here are the top SEO trends in 2020 that no digital marketers can afford to ignore.
The SERP will get more Consolidated
Five years ago, the search engine results pages (SERPs) used to tell a different story; they are not the same anymore. The volume of advertisements and sharing has increased significantly in the past couple of years; Google has included a “People also ask” feature in the search results since 2018 that provides answer boxes to help push the search results down. Moreover, Google has also added a new carousel of videos above the tax-based organic search. But what do these features mean for SEO?
All of these latest features have reduced the share of organic clicks to almost 10% on Google. Some experts are already throwing comments like “SEO is dead” because now the users are getting the answers right on the results page rather than clicking the links. This makes SEO difficult than ever before. However, the remedy is to use a tool such as Click flow that allows you to test the effectiveness of each page to increase your organic traffic without depending on link building.
- Buy Research Report: Water-Based Resins Market Overview – Size, COVID-19 Impact, Share, Segment, Regional Analysis and Leading Players by Forecast to 2023
- Buy Research Report: COVID-19 to Affect the Growth of the Navigation Satellite System Market
- Buy Research Report: Smart Parking Technologies Market is likely size register double digit CAGR during COVID-19 2022
- Buy Research Report: Multivendor ATM Software Market Size Record Sturdy Growth Size COVID-19 2026
- Buy Research Report: Internet Of Things Market Production, Valuation and Sales Forecast 2018 – 2025
Keyword Research is becoming More Important and Core SEO Tactic
Google is revolutionizing the search engine by becoming an answer engine now. However, the way you used to include keywords in the website content to improve rankings has changed. The SEO foundation still lies on the keywords research and how relevant the keywords are to your needs; however, you need to follow these tips to make your keywords strategy more effective in 2020.
- To create your master keywords list, you should start using a number of hot tools such as Google Keywords Planner, Ahrens, SEMRush, and Ubbersuggest. Neil Patel, the SEO Services mastermind provides a link on his website that allows people to use Ubersuggest for free to improve their keywords research.
- To map out your secondary keywords from the primary keywords, you should think of topics instead of direct keywords. To get the autosuggest messages from both Google and YouTube, identify a set of topics first and then enter them one by one in both Google and YouTube. Both search engines will show you varied results based on the search preferences of people. On YouTube, most people search for tutorials. So you will get a different set of search keywords.
- Search for those keywords that are clicked more by the users.
Use Influencers to improve your Site Engagement Metrics
Google measures the engagement metrics of your site to evaluate the quality of content and then ranks it in the search results. The following engagement metrics play a vital role in your rankings:
- Bounce Rate
- Dwell Time
- Time on the webpage
- Return Visitors on your site
- Click to Call
- Social Shares
In 2020, the brands or content that are endorsed by an influencer are likely to get more social shares and will get a higher engagement rate. Therefore, if you want to positively impact your engagement metrics, you need influencer’s endorsements in 2020.
Video and Voice Searches will be Crucial for your SEO Effectiveness
The most powerful digital marketing trends will remain in video marketing in 2020. As 96% of people prefer to search video content for the solution of their problems, you can also help them learn better about your product or service via video marketing.
Moreover, people in advanced countries shop via voice search that is likely to increase up to $40 billion by 2022. Almost 60% of mobile phone users try voice search at least once in a year and 55% of teenagers are using a voice search daily. Therefore, there is an important relationship between voice search keywords and SEO success.
Google will Reward Content Focusing on EAT
With the update of the BERT algorithm, Google is getting more intelligent to understand the relationship of words. The greatest content ranked by Google relates to EAT, expertise, authority, trustworthiness. Expertise means that your page needs to include quality content by an expert writer who knows SEO. Authority means site authority in terms of its subject. And trustworthiness suggests that your site needs authoritative links pointing from the trusted sites.
So here we have it, folks, these five lasts SEO trends will help to improve your overall strategy in 2020 in accordance with Google’s changes and rules.