- Asia-Pacific is the biggest and the fastest-growing region due to the growing demand for construction chemicals in India, China, Japan, and South Korea.
- North America and Europe are matured markets and are expected to grow at a low CAGR in comparison with Asia-Pacific till 2020.
Construction chemicals are chemical compounds added in formulation of various specialty chemicals or in construction materials made of cement, mortar, and concrete at construction sites to improve workability, performance, compatibility with construction structure and protect construction materials and finished structures.
Construction chemicals comprise a wide variety of materials such as cementations; admixtures like waterproofing admixtures, plasticizers, accelerating agents, retarding agents and others; adhesives and sealants like acrylic adhesives, polyurethanes, polyvinyl acetates, epoxy and others; and flame retardants like ATH, antimony oxides, brominated, and chlorinated. The use of these chemicals depends and varies on the type of and scale of construction projects.
The global Construction Chemicals Market is witnessing a significant growth because of increasing awareness about construction quality and technological advancements, and growing number of new projects for housing, commercial spaces, and public infrastructure in the Asia-Pacific region and other developing countries such as Brazil, Colombia, UAE, and Saudi Arabia.
- Buy Research Report: Cough Suppressant Drugs Market to Witness a CAGR of 3.7% During the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
- Buy Research Report: Lab Automation Market to Reflect Impressive Growth in Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry
- Buy Research Report: Plasma Fractionation Market to Expand 1.5x through 2026, Convalescent Plasma (CP) Treatment amid COVID-19 to Inject Hope
- Buy Research Report: Medical Holography Market to Surge, Finds Significant Potential in Diagnosis of COVID-19
- Buy Research Report: Epinephrine Market to Exhibit at a CAGR of 11.0% Over the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
- Buy Research Report: Ethyl Acetate Market Analysis
- Buy Research Report: Algae DHA And ARA Market Analysis
- Buy Research Report: PET Bottles Market Analysis
- Buy Research Report: Dielectric Gases Market Value to Expand 1.8X Through 2030, Demand Dynamics to Present Grim Outlook with COVID-19 Impact
- Buy Research Reports: Internal Olefins Market Driving Fast
Changing lifestyles, growing urbanization trend, and demand for enhanced esthetics of residential and infrastructures are also supporting the growth of the market, attributing to the design flexibility provided by construction chemicals (such as concrete admixtures, flame retardants, and adhesives & sealants) to modify and enhance the physical as well as chemical properties of a structure. These properties include compressive strength, durability, surface finish, and resistance to adverse climatic and working conditions as per design specifications and requirements.
Asia-Pacific is the biggest and the fastest-growing region due to the growing demand for construction chemicals in India, China, Japan, and South Korea. North America and Europe are matured markets and are expected to grow at a low CAGR in comparison with Asia-Pacific till 2020.
Leading players of this industry include key construction chemicals manufacturers such as BASF SE (Germany), W.R. Grace (U.S.), RPM International (U.S.), Sika A.G. (Switzerland), Fosroc International (U.K.), The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.), Arkem S.A. (France), Ashland Inc (U.S.), Mapei S.p.A (Italy), and Pidilite Industries (India).