Skip to main content
- Manchester City will attempt to retain their Carabao Cup title on Sunday, as they face Premier League rivals Chelsea at Wembley. Chelsea Manager Maurizio Sarri has, remarkably, never won a trophy, and may not get another chance, given his turbulent tenure in West London.
- Meanwhile, the two most successful sides in English football renew their acquaintances for the 202nd time, Sunday at Anfield. Liverpool are still hoping to win their first Premier League title, and were the last English team to beat Manchester United, on December 16.
- After a two-week break, the Six Nations rugby competition moves along this weekend. Undefeated squads, England and Wales, meet Saturday. Scotland and France, both coming off losses, play earlier in the day, and Ireland face Italy on Sunday.
- College basketball’s stretch run through the regular season offers five matchups between ranked teams this weekend. On Sunday, the two best teams in the Big Ten meet in Ann Arbor: the #7 Michigan Wolverines host the #10 Michigan State Spartans.
- The second test of Sri Lanka’s tour of South Africa begins on Thursday. The Lions are coming off their first win in South Africa since 2011, thanks almost singlehandedly to Kusal Perera’s once-in-a-lifetime 153 not-out. Both sides are trying to stay in top form, less than 100 days from the Cricket World Cup.