A freelance gig platform is a listing of gigs (jobs) for business services. The number of gigs on a platform can be unlimited. The world is moving to micro specialists– someone who is an expert in a small specialized or micro field. A gig is a specialized service, such as writing superior press releases, or a product launch specialist. If you’re a specialist in say hydroponics, WordPress, or cryptocurrency, it can be difficult for potential employers to find your services. Maybe you want to get onto a platform that supports business, that will help you access an industry with explosive growth? Being on a diversified gig platform, people can drill down and find more specific services that they need.
The main reason to list on several platforms is to find employers. Some are significantly better then others and bigger is not always better. If a platform has a limited number of buyers, and many experts looking for gigs, the odds of receiving steady work from just one platform is low.
A new model platform has entered the field. This organization, Communal News (CN), is integrating its gig postings with a massive database of news, market research and blog postings, allowing its nearly 1.4 million readers to view your individualized postings. While that solves the number one reason why people uses gig platforms (to make money), only time will tell if the new platform can contribute (with built-in push marketing) significantly higher returns or clients for the freelance gig providers.
- Buy Research Report: Epinephrine Market to Exhibit at a CAGR of 11.0% Over the Forecast Period (2018 – 2026)
- Buy Research Report: Ethyl Acetate Market Analysis
- Buy Research Report: Algae DHA And ARA Market Analysis
- Buy Research Report: PET Bottles Market Analysis
- Buy Research Report: Dielectric Gases Market Value to Expand 1.8X Through 2030, Demand Dynamics to Present Grim Outlook with COVID-19 Impact
- Buy Research Reports: Internal Olefins Market Driving Fast
- Buy Research Report: Driving Demand for Tablet Market Growing Strong
- Buy Research Report: Dental Bone Graft Substitute Market is Set to Reach $659 Million by 2025 – Europe to Dominate the Industry
- Buy Research Report: Ophthalmic Drugs Market to Grow with 4.2% CAGR through 2025
- Buy Research Report: Electric Scooters Market Surpass the Value at US$ 9,872.0 Mn by 2027
Choosing the best platform (or multiple platforms) to advertise your services depends on many factors, for example:
Price: Some charge over 20%, several are under 17%. The lower the overall cost, the better. (CN is 14%)
Buyers vs Sellers: Look for a platform that provides tens of thousands of views for your services. Avoid platforms with endcaps, where one or two gig workers are successful but nearly everyone else is underperforming.
Honesty in paying: This is very important and many established platforms already have clouded backgrounds.
Ability to promote you: This is our favorite. Only a few platforms really work at promoting the products. In time, we think this will be a game changer.
Is two better then one? Should you list with more than one gig platform? Of course! In today’s short-lived freelance gig platform market, not only is two better then one, but three is better than two.
We hope you find a platform that works for you and drives the type of business your hard work and honest effort deserves.