- Human Resource Development ensures Building a Positive environment and productive workplace which contributes in the growth of an organization.
- The primary job of the HR Department is to extend help, support and protect employee welfare, interest and happiness within the organization.
- It is a primary duty of HR to build regular communication with their employees so that an employee has a good idea of their role, Responsibilities, Rights and duties as an employee by working in the organization.
The Human Resources Department is designed for managing the entire employee Work lifecycle within the organization. The HR activity starts from:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Induction and onboarding
- Payroll Management (Compensation & Benefits)
- Employee Training and Development
- Employee Performance Management
- Development and implementation HR Policies and procedure
- Developing Grievance Management system for employee
Ultimately, Human Resource Development ensures Building a Positive environment and productive workplace which contributes in the growth of an organization.
How does HR support employees?
“Employees are considered to be the biggest asset of any organization”
The primary job of the HR Department is to extend help, support and protect employee welfare, interest and happiness within the organization. The Human Resource Department helps employees by supporting them emotionally at the time of need, trains and guides employees to meet their career goals.
- HR supports employees in Career Growth: by providing opportunities and help and guide them finding ways for their career Growth. It helps employees to align their individual goals with the organization goals and ensure success.
- HR Department helps Employee by Training & Development: HR core function is to provide Training and development which directly help employees to keep improving skill and knowledge at every stage of their career. HR examines the right skill and training requirement, creates specific Training programs as per the need and trains employees for further growth of an employee.
- Motivating Employees by Reward and Recognition: It is very important that your workforce means employees should always be motivated to contribute to the growth of the organization. Performance Management tool helps HR to keep a close vigil on the employee. HR uses various types of Reward and recognition techniques to keep their employee motivation level up so that they can push their limits to achieve the set goals of the organization. A good Reward and recognition program plays an important role in building a feeling of belongingness towards organization, employer or to the management of the organization and enhance the possibility of higher contribution. Sometimes, developing competition with their peers ensures improving performance.
- HR supports the employee for Good Health, wellness and Happiness: Being healthy is the need of life and HR continuously practice wellness program such as providing neat and clean work area, cafeteria, gym and other facilities at the workplace which help developing healthy habits and the importance of wellness in employee life on regular basis to maintain their physical and mental health. These practices play an important role to help employees when he/she is going through any such issue like bad health, Marriage, pregnancies, and other life issues.
When an Employee should contact to their HR Department:
It is a primary duty of HR to build regular communication with their employees so that an employee has a good idea of their role, Responsibilities, Rights and duties as an employee by working in the organization. The employee feels free and comfortable approaching HR to address issues like:
- When an Employee has any grievance with his/her co-worker or with even management of the organization.
- When an Employee faces any discrimination or harassment by their peers or by their Manager
- When an Employee wishes to understand any of the company’s HR policies or the benefits given by the organization to its employees.
- When an Employee is going through with any personal problem such as Bad health, mental stress due to family issues and requirements and request for some grass and permissions.
- When an employee requires any training or needs skill development to perform better.
- When an employee notices any wrong doings, pilferage and blow the whistle as a whistleblower.